Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

If your looking for "GAME" birds then hatcheries are not a place to get then. Buy from a breeder instead of hatcheries but who cares if other people want to buy from a hatchery it's their choice. I have never bought birds from hatcheries myself but I have read about reviews of the place and people are satisfied with what they got that's all I'm saying.
i concur, I googled and they have the highest rating currently.

i concur, I googled and they have the highest rating currently.
I'm just trying to help someone out, I'm not going BASH! on them for buying birds from hatcheries. Hatchery birds are no match for birds raised from breed that have been maintain and test they're blood line for years. If you want GAME birds buy from breeders, if you want play chicken go to hatcheries. Everyone raise gamefowls for different reason, some raise for fun some raise for the pit.

I must retract my statement that I have no more to say on the subject.

There are those who quite credibly claim that the Saipan breed does not even exist in the U.S., if it ever did and I'd be surprised to find a bird of pure distinction in the whole of Saipan for that matter.

I believe we're talking about a combination of bird type and breeds that have been glommed together by various 'breeders' and so named Saipan for purely commercial considerations. JMHO

I must retract my statement that I have no more to say on the subject.  

There are those who quite credibly claim that the Saipan breed does not even exist in the U.S., if it ever did and I'd be surprised to find a bird of pure distinction in the whole of Saipan for that matter.
I believe we're talking about a combination of bird type and breeds that have been glommed together by various 'breeders' and so named Saipan for purely commercial considerations. JMHO
I guess that would explain the wing band and why I had to pick them up at airport customs then. And I repeat talk is cheap my good sir

Last edited:
Wow. Thngs have gotten a little heated. My phone won't be so efficient at posting because the service is too shoddy to go back to the picture to quote it, but Yang, those birds you posted were on point! It makes me want some burmese fowl so bad.
It's been centuries since most of these lines have been discovered, so my two cents is that most likely every line of gamefowl has had something added to the pot every few years, so I am not sure about the big fuss here.The hen feathered Sapian looked exquisite, and if it's as game as it is beautiful, then the case is closed, whether he came from overseas or some breeder. I have never had "game," fowl from a hatchery, but who's to say that it can't happen.
I plan to get better pics of the babies if they'd hold still long enough.

Wow. Thngs have gotten a little heated. My phone won't be so efficient at posting because the service is too shoddy to go back to the picture to quote it, but Yang, those birds you posted were on point! It makes me want some burmese fowl so bad.
It's been centuries since most of these lines have been discovered, so my two cents is that most likely every line of gamefowl has had something added to the pot every few years, so I am not sure about the big fuss here.The hen feathered Sapian looked exquisite, and if it's as game as it is beautiful, then the case is closed, whether he came from overseas or some breeder. I have never had "game," fowl from a hatchery, but who's to say that it can't happen.
I plan to get better pics of the babies if they'd hold still long enough.
Thanks he throws some nice stags straight and hen feathered. One hen setting now but the stags are spoken for.

Last edited:
My apologies for being so trite but I have read information printed by Saladin to the effect of my argument.  I'm just sorry I wasn't more polite in my posts.
No worries I don't take offense, I am a purist myself and was diligent in finding my stag with the help of an Indian friend I found a line that had what I was looking for. It took some doing but out of several eggs he was most characteristic to the line and the hen feather didn't hurt. My brother in Florida has his brother a 10lbs 24" tall bird.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom