Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Is this condidered pearl eyes??

Last edited:
I am having trouble understanding a couple things on threads on colour on BYC: What I get and don't get:

This is a subject that is bothering me on some level, so I decided to ask...

Okay I get colour is genetic and some colours need a sort of purity of the genes or right gene combination to achieve.

I get that SOP colours are the approved colours for showing but also I understand that often birds come in many more colours than the few allowed, ans in some countries the colour range is larger than in other countries.

I get some people work on project colours either through importation, breeding of yet to be accepted colour already occuring in the breed or through crossbreeding with the goal of achieving SOP.

What I don't get...

Why are some people's birds called mutts if they are an off colour? They are just not SQ or maybe only SQ up to a point?

Why when people ask what colour their chicken might be do some people say no colour as your bird is a "mutt", so it can't have a colour? I often see repeated patterns that are colours in breeds, why suddenly it isn't a colour or pattern. This last bit of logic seems illogical to me.

Am I not getting something? I am trying to understand.

Never thought I would be an oriental game person until I was around one. What a big pet. He is a Thai, about 8 months old. I assume he will grow some feathers on his neck when he gets done molting?

Last edited:
Never thought I would be an oriental game person until I was around one. What a big pet. He is a Thai, about 8 months old. I assume he will grow some feathers on his neck when he gets done molting?
maybe not it looks more ganoi to me which have naked neck very cool I've been looking for one for a while whered you get it? His beak may need a trim though

Back
Top Bottom