Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Rooster from my Red Pyle asils.

I got a problem. My hens are dieing. It started a little over a week ago. Two died just before I went to the beach. While I was there the guy taking care of my chickens called me twice saying three more had died and another died today. They are real messy at the vent and the other chickens are pecking them there real bad and making their vent bleed then they die, I think they might have caught a staff infection from one of my hens. She was hopping on one foot before I left for the beach and I thought she just stepped on something. I checked her when I got back and she had a huge infected boil on the joint of her leg that was oozing out. I put her down but I think she is what spread the infection to the rest of my birds. I put Red Cell and Corid in their water to see if that helps get rid of it. I hope it does. If any body can help with this matter I would appreciate it.

I got a problem. My hens are dieing. It started a little over a week ago. Two died just before I went to the beach. While I was there the guy taking care of my chickens called me twice saying three more had died and another died today. They are real messy at the vent and the other chickens are pecking them there real bad and making their vent bleed then they die, I think they might have caught a staff infection from one of my hens. She was hopping on one foot before I left for the beach and I thought she just stepped on something. I checked her when I got back and she had a huge infected boil on the joint of her leg that was oozing out. I put her down but I think she is what spread the infection to the rest of my birds. I put Red Cell and Corid in their water to see if that helps get rid of it. I hope it does. If any body can help  with this matter I would appreciate it.
they might be bleeding from the vent because they have coccidiosis, when other chickens smells blood start pecking them make you think they are making them bleed.

they might be bleeding from the vent because they have coccidiosis, when other chickens smells blood start pecking them make you think they are making them bleed.

They are not bleeding from the vent. They have diarrhea. They are bleeding from where the other chickens pecked at their vents. From what I see there is no blood in their stool.

Coccidia does not cause the vent to bleed. We need to figure out what is causing the pecking problem. What are you feeding them? Do they have feed available 24/7? How many chickens are there? How big is the coop? How old are they?

Last edited:
Coccidia does not cause the vent to bleed. We need to figure out what is causing the pecking problem. What are you feeding them? Do they have feed available 24/7? How many chickens are there? How big is the coop? How old are they?

They are bantams. They are down to 6 in a 4ft x 8ft pen. They are right at a year old. I am feeding them a mixture of cracked corn and laying mash. and it is available 24/7. The only ones that are getting pecked are the hens that get the diarrhea. The stag in the pen does not seem to be bothered with it.

Back
Top Bottom