Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

With Oriental games, most of them you have to be careful with the hens being able to get to each other, let alone cocks. Results will vary from one line to another. Don't really know why Sumatras get lumped in with Oriental games, they are more of an ornamental gamefowl derivative. I have asil hens that will severely damage each other, or males that don't suit them. I have Thais that get along, as long as they have ample space. Most of them will end up in a tree, or on top of a coop, rather than in a coop, if left to their own choices.
Im curious to know more about those asil, as want as pets only, but with American games even, told those usually best n pure blooded, n they n chicks best free rangers etc. With Americanized games in past, they were great pets, n just put blinds up around bottom of pens etc n rotated which got to roam some for moment, n the crowing spurred hens never get messed with when out. I have a mini sid tayler that fought off a mink with her brood n almost lost an eye, other half of beak, half of wing, some toes, n her spurs broke off in its eyes i think n blinded it, when i came out she was attacking it n it just kept trying to back away in circles n she was just heaving herself at it and went limp when picked her up, but when she recoverd wouldnt stop strutting flapping and crowing over her brood getting them back and hates anything within ten feet of them but me. Dog who got ahold of blind bleeding to death mink, got his face all chewed to heck unfortunately, and thought itd be tie or dog who might die if either.

_DSC0312.jpeg

_DSC0336.jpeg

Wahl aseel stag and pullet free ranging in the Seminole pumpkins.

With Oriental games, most of them you have to be careful with the hens being able to get to each other, let alone cocks. Results will vary from one line to another. Don't really know why Sumatras get lumped in with Oriental games, they are more of an ornamental gamefowl derivative. I have asil hens that will severely damage each other, or males that don't suit them. I have Thais that get along, as long as they have ample space. Most of them will end up in a tree, or on top of a coop, rather than in a coop, if left to their own choices.
Where are you located do you have any birds for sale I want to breed with this?
D4C81763-6C9E-42DF-AEA8-9321922ECEDD.png

Back
Top Bottom