orloffer's Spoo Puppy thread! šŸ©

Pics
Here is my current collection of interactive dog toys! Credit for the idea of making DIY dog toys and that of posting a picture of the collection goes to @black_cat. The three on the right I made today out of t-shirts, and the second one in from the left I made yesterday. The rest are toys from Jax that he wasn't very interested in. (For scale, the tennis balls are 2 inch). Chew toys will be acquired next week.
1618374542703.png

Here is my current collection of interactive dog toys! Credit for the idea of making DIY dog toys and that of posting a picture of the collection goes to @black_cat. The three on the right I made today out of t-shirts, and the second one in from the left I made yesterday. The rest are toys from Jax that he wasn't very interested in. (For scale, the tennis balls are 2 inch). Chew toys will be acquired next week. View attachment 2615517
Make sure to get a Kong or some sort of food toy where he has to work on it to get it out. And make sure to get one big enough that Jax (current dog?) can't swallow it!

Make sure to get a Kong or some sort of food toy where he has to work on it to get it out. And make sure to get one big enough that Jax (current dog?) can't swallow it!
I am planning to get a medium sized puppy Kong for the spoo puppy, and then make the transition to probably a large normal Kong later. I might also get a ball toy that dispenses treats.

I am thinking about getting a collar for the puppy (an adult dog collar for when it grows up). I know it would probably be better to wait until the puppy grows up to get the adult collar, but it might be good to take advantage of the fact that we are going to buy a lot of dog supplies in the nearer future. What do you think would be most likely to fit an adult female spoo? A 14-18" collar or a 15-19"?

@CHlCKEN I know you have a spoo. What size collar does she wear?
Any input?

According to the breeder, the puppies have entered the piranha stage. ā˜ ļø They are 6 weeks and 1 day old. They are very mouthy, louder, and more active than they were last week, but by next week they will have learned a bit about bite inhibition and should be better. They are so cute! A few pictures...
3 days ago:
1618677272929.png

1618677349130.png

And these are from today:
1618677390230.png

1618677401930.png

According to the breeder, the puppies have entered the piranha stage. ā˜ ļø They are 6 weeks and 1 day old. They are very mouthy, louder, and more active than they were last week, but by next week they will have learned a bit about bite inhibition and should be better. They are so cute! A few pictures...
I like the white one the best, s/heā€™s super cute

Chew toys are here! We acquired a lot of chew toys:
1618803179337.png

Ruffwear Gnawt-a-stick (red)
West Paw Quizl (orange)
West Paw Zogoflex Toppl (green) - funny names, aren't they?
Puppy Kong (2x) (pink and blue)
Regular Kong (red)
Ruffwear Gnawt-a-cone (blue)
Kong Goodie Bone (pink) - it's very soft rubber, quite bendable
Chuckit! balls (2x)
Orbee Tuff Diamond Plate ball (orange) - it can dispense treats/kibble!

And a frisbee:
1618803498225.png

Back
Top Bottom