**ORNAMENT PHOTOS -- DAY OF ARRIVAL!**

This just broke my heart. How could any parent not cherish what their child made? I have an entire wall behind my computer desk dedicated to my children's artwork and wouldn't trade one single piece of it for an original Rembrandt.

Squirrel, I could not have said that better if I had tried..and I totally agree
smile.png
clap.gif

Quote:
smile.png
clap.gif

who doesnt like their ornament??

Quote:
smile.png
clap.gif

who doesnt like their ornament??

No....it was referring to the fact that the people on here value the ornaments made by WriterofWords students where their own parents wouldn't have. I think everyone on here has been delighted (and rightly so, these are all just wonderful).

The majority of my students come from homes where buying a 5th of booze is more important than having school supplies or decent food on the table. In addition to making ornaments for our trade here they made them to take home. A couple were told that their ornaments were to "cheap" to hang on the tree with the "good" ornaments so why did we just keep them to hang on the one in class. One came in upset because he worked on an ornament like the ones on the mats in the photos, with just drawings and glitter, and his dad tossed it in the fireplace because boys don't do stuff like that, girls do and he didn't want people thinking his "gay" son was making pretty things. I wanted to slap him and I have a meeting with him soon anyway.
But just knowing how much they have been appreciated on here has made it a great accomplishment for them.

Quote:
Oh my.....I got all teared up just now. Thank you for giving them that time every day to feel appreciated. I know that will make a difference.

How bittersweet Kate. Thank you for what you do and give those kids a hug from us here at BYC
wink.png

Quote:
I've been accused of saving too much
roll.png

The kids don't like seeing their old ornaments on our tree. I love them though!

I was very sad Saturday. I got my ornaments, but they were in little bitty pieces. Some bits had slipped out of the envelope, so DH couldn't even glue them back together for me (he tried, but there weren't enough pieces of either one to make it work).
They weren't homemade, so no one lost hours of work, but they looked really cute and it was sad to me. When I turned the envelope over and it clinked, I knew that was a bad sign!

oh dear.. I am still hoping nothing happened to my ornament..

I wasnt your partner but I would like to send you another.. (I found it real fun doing that the first go round)

Just PM me your add and I will think of something.

big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom