Orpington Thread

Renie

How do you tell which is which at this age? I'm knew to chicks but look forward to babies later this spring.
Jen

One has to wait to sex these. I sell them as straight run for 15.00 each. I offer them as pairs and trios for more after 3 to 4 weeks old.

Sorry I should be more specific. Which ic blue, black, splash?

Well... turning on a bright light helps.. lol The splash are very light in color.. so no trouble spotting those... The blacks and sometimes dark blues are a little harder to tell. Only the blues will have a darker head and neck against a lighter colored body. The blacks will not have that. A lot of the black chicks will look yellow and black when they are first hatched too.

Splash?

What are the traits of English Orpingtons?

You are going to see a Large...Heavy,... Fluffy bird bird with a a deep chest that blends well into the body... fuller skirt of feathers ... Their Tail sets are higher.. They resemble a teapot to me :)

BIG .... Beautiful..... Fluffy.... Smart birds that will steal your heart :) The hens remind me of ladies all dressed up in big southern bell style dresses ")

My Orpington Girls love to follow my Rat Terrier Ajax around and let him dig and then they get the rewards. There are so funny! They can be mean to him but he is very good natured with them and just backs away. He was the one I worried the most about with my girls and has turned out to be one of my best with them.

Laying Hens and Canine Friends.com

Back
Top Bottom