Orpington Thread

Here are my buff orpingtons at 11-12 weeks. We intended to have 4 hens, but suspect that one is a Roo. We may have to move it elsewhere because our city doesn't allow roosters.

Quote: They look so tame and friendly!
D.gif

Hi everyone! Here is Callisto, a Blue Orpington I picked up from the Post Office yesterday. She is from Meyer. Does anyone have any idea if she will turn out black, blue, or mottled? Their website says any of these colors are possible when you order their Blue Orpingtons.

She's lovely!

I so want some blue Orpingtons!!
love.gif
Thank you! The only Blue Orpington thread I found here on BYC was not too encouraging as far as health tendencies, so we will see. That was a year old thread. Here is her Lavender Orpington Brooder-Buddy, Princess Leia:

They are both so wonderful! That's a Buff Brahma next to Leia.

Thank you! One week old today, and so very snuggly. They are happy & healthy. Leia loves me the most, & when i pet her she arches up into my hand like a little cat! I introduced these tiny 3 to my five week old flock consisting of 3 polish, a cochin, & a Wyandotte - our older babies are so nice to the little fuzzbutts! The cochin & 1 polish even fed them out of their mouths. I was so scared for them to meet, but the little fuzzies got such a warm welcome 2 days in a row it really melts my heart. This interaction has been in the run outside & i will never let them be unsupervised together til it's flock integration time. It's so cool to watch them boldly go after the treats with the big girls!

Back
Top Bottom