Orpington Thread

Pot pie! Great name I have a cacciatore and a fricassee. I think I'm going to name one of the new ones dumpling...

Oh Dumpling would be cute! Those are awesome names! lol
I also have a Chow Mein, Tikka, and Kiev. I want to name another Noodle :)

I had a noodle... She was awesome. Great names by the way I may have to use a few.
big_smile.png

Go for it! :D

As I headed to the coop this morning I was greeted by my bantam Cochin lil Dude's crow/screaming goat sound. He's super chill and I haven't heard him crow in a couple weeks. Then it was followed by the most beautiful, low-toned crow!
I peeked into the coop and waited...

Lil Dude goat-crowed again and then my baby boy, Alistair, let loose with his gorgeous crow again! My favorite little cockerel is growing up! The Orps turned 12wks on Monday.

I have a couple of big gorgeous orp girls, but I'm concerned about the possibility of having cochin mixed into them in order to give them more fluff and size. How would I tell if they had cochin in them?

I have a couple of big gorgeous orp girls, but I'm concerned about the possibility of having cochin mixed into them in order to give them more fluff and size. How would I tell if they had cochin in them?

Feathered feet is the big tell. English SOP Orps do tend to have a LOT of fluff and appear very "cochiny".

Back
Top Bottom