OT - Another EBay Rant

I had something like that happen couple years ago. I bought and paid for the item after 3 weeks it still hadn't arrived. So I emailed the seller she said it was shipped out. I told her that if it didn't come in the next 3 days I was reporting it. Then she tells me that the package came back address unknown! I told her she better ship the item or I was letting them know she took my money and didn't ship my item. Well it never came and I got my money back after a month. I left a negative feed back on her name.

If her daughter were that ill, she should have said so.

If one of my kids were gravely ill and I had sold eggs on eggbid, I would shoot off a quick note to my buyers and let them know within 10 days what was going on. She has had plenty of time.

I would also ask them if they wanted a refund as I would not know when I would get to their order.

pips&peeps :

If her daughter were that ill, she should have said so.

If one of my kids were gravely ill and I had sold eggs on eggbid, I would shoot off a quick note to my buyers and let them know within 10 days what was going on. She has had plenty of time.

I would also ask them if they wanted a refund as I would not know when I would get to their order.

Yes, exactly. If she is telling the truth that is how professionals handle it. People need to realize on E-bay that they are running a business and their byuers are CUSTOMERS.​

I hate to be the one person to disagree, but I think it is entirely possible that she could have sent the package and the USPS is just not actually "tracking" it. I have had several packages (both that I sent and that were sent to me) that were never actually tracked with the tracking number. After they were delivered was the only time that they were actually updated as having been delivered, and until that time, they all kept saying that same thing that was quoted above about the label being printed. It really po's me that the USPS offers this service and doesn't actually track things. It is just a delivery confirmation, not a true tracking service.

In any case, she may not have sent it, I don't know, but in all fairness, it is possible that she is telling the truth. And on a related note, I ordered two things from eBay a couple weeks ago. One was being sent from MA (a state I can get to in 30 minutes) and one from TN (not so close.) The one that was supposed to be tracked (from MA) never showed up as tracked, and it took a lot longer to get here than the one from TN. That is just how the PO is some times....

True Kimberlina - it seems to me that most of the USPS tracking is a farce. It never says anything. I got some geese delvered a while back - the PO called so I went and picked them up and took them home.

About an hour later the person who sold them to me called and said her tracking said they came by to deliver them to my house but I wasn't home and re-delivery would be attempted the next day.

She was freaked for good reason! But it was all untrue - so happy ending.

I wonder if the tracking is so bad because you get it for free when you use online shipping?

I have had the same kind of experience. That usually means they printed their own shipping label of paypal (usually) and haven't actually mailed the package yet. Good Luck, I hope you saved copied of the e-mails she sent you before you filed the dispute, and make sure paypal gets to see those.

My problems with this is that she told me they weren't shipped on the 31st and now suddenly they were.

Her story of it was shipped on the 27th doesn't work with me either as the package was coming from CA and it certainly should be here by now even if it did get hung up in the system somewhere. It's been 12 days since and, the mail still runs on Sunday even though the post office is not open.

If the package does mysteriously arrive next week, it will be refused.

I also have a contact in the Express services department that told me there is a transportation log that sometimes will have the tracking numbers on it. I can find out what date it actually went through San Diego, which would be the "hub" for her area.

Just wanted to let you know that I just had a package of eggs that the seller said was sent and gave me confirmation number. After 5 days I was checking every few hours to see if there was any additional information. All I got was package was accepted. After 7 days, I finally just happened to be at my local post office and asked them to check if I had a package there. Guess what they said it just came in on the truck.

After picking the package up, I checked the tracking number again and all it said was when package was accepted and when package was delivered. I still don't know where that package was for so long. I am keeping fingers crossed that I get a couple of chicks.

I guess it is possible that package was mailed but does seem like a long time. Mail does seem to be moving slower with all the airline problems.

Alot of pepole do that there is a way to report them and you can post the problem saying I had por comstor sevice.

Back
Top Bottom