Other BYC board

TheBigWRanch

Songster
12 Years
Feb 12, 2007
Wenatchee, Washington
I decided to check out the other BYC, the ezboard for the first time today. Boy was I surprised! I went into the live chat thinking it might be interesting. They were talking about gay people, and bashing them saying if your gay you have huge problems, and they went on and on! A few minutes was enough for me to be disgusted with their topic choice. I'm not gay but do not have a problem with gays. I think anyone in their right mind would have kept their homophobic opinions to themselves! I'm glad I just use this BYC board and not the other! I'm not trying to offend anyone else that uses ezboard, I'm sure the majority of you are great people.

WoW! I missed that one! I get on chat once in a while, and never came across anything negative. I guess it depends on who is on at the time. Its not always like that! I can agree with you though!

Welcome to the board.

Yeah, there's no reason to have negative / unfriendly posts on either board.

The mods and administrators have no problems deleting anything that is more problematic for the community than it is helpful.

Wranch, if you were in the chat room then I thank you for the info. No, that is not appropriate discussion, and I've posted on the ezbyc the consequences of continued rule breaking.

I want to know what happens there if I'm not logged in. If you see this kind of discussion again, please go to text mode and copy the chat. Then send it to me at [email protected]

CC

It was really only one or two people doing the talking. The others were trying to tell them to stop, but with no success. It was just such a shock to me, because it was my first time there and I was expecting to talk about chickens! I probably over reacted by posting here, but didn't know what else to do. I'll keep you updated if I see anything else, but I'm sure it is very rare to have someone say something that bad.

No, you're not overreacting. This has been an ongoing problem and it's affecting those of us who like to use the chat to get information ASAP and keep in touch with our friends.

Oh MY Goddess!!! Sort of glad I missed that...There should be no bashing or conversations there that a child would have to ask questions about later...There is also an ignore feature which will exclude whomever you click on from being seen by you.

Sorry you were subject to the bashing Wrench...But some tend to think that since it is there opinion they can say what they want with no regard to what others feel.
roll.png

None the less, I do hope you will not let a couple of people spoil what could be a very good experience in the chat room.

It's really a good place to meet other "chicken folk" and talk about all kinds of fowl!

Back
Top Bottom