Other Pets & Livestock Database

Quote:
I would love to have some Koi some day. Thanks for sharing! Did you come up with these names are is there a breeding line like with horses where you breed to certain individuals? (sorry of that sounds stupid).

Quote:
Can you please edit your post to remove the part about attacking strangers if not with owner? That statement is not a fair assessment of this breed and makes them sound like an unstable vicious dog, which they are not. They ARE protective and may attack if their owner is being threatened, but they will not just randomly attack people. They are known to be reserved around strangers and will protect their home but this is not a dog that will not launch an unprovoked attack on a stranger. They are much more intelligent than that.

I agree. If people want to post in this 'database' they need to have correct information and, more importantly, some experience with the animal profile they are submitting.

Quote:
I would love to have some Koi some day. Thanks for sharing! Did you come up with these names are is there a breeding line like with horses where you breed to certain individuals? (sorry of that sounds stupid).

I believe those are the Japanese Names for their pattern.

Quote:

Ah thank you. I am a little dusty on my japanese
smile.png

Quote:
Can you please edit your post to remove the part about attacking strangers if not with owner? That statement is not a fair assessment of this breed and makes them sound like an unstable vicious dog, which they are not. They ARE protective and may attack if their owner is being threatened, but they will not just randomly attack people. They are known to be reserved around strangers and will protect their home but this is not a dog that will not launch an unprovoked attack on a stranger. They are much more intelligent than that.

I agree. If people want to post in this 'database' they need to have correct information and, more importantly, some experience with the animal profile they are submitting.

Yep....very true. If people who know very little about the animal they are adding to the "database", the information it contains is pretty worthless. It looks like Duckgirl has experience with ONE Anatolian who appears to have an aggression problem if it attacks strangers. This is not representative of the breed at all.

Quote:

smile.png

yes....you are correct. Those are Japanese names that are descriptive in nature.

Quote:
smile.png

yes....you are correct. Those are Japanese names that are descriptive in nature.

Thanks you two!

Species: Fancy Mice
Experience Needed: No experience is needed, but research is needed.

Diet: My homemade mixture: Wild bird seed/cockatiel seed ,High Quality dog food ,Ramen noodles (uncooked),Pumpkin seeds, horse sweeteed, Whole grain cereal(cheerios/corn flakes),sunflower seeds,Split peas (uncooked),Rice

Temperament: It varies widely depending on the animal and the quality of their lineage/handling - some are extremely affectionate, some are sweet but shy, some are nippy.
Mice bred for food tend to be more shy and nippy then those bred from a breeder.

Colors: All. Self, Black, blue, dove, lilac, chocolate,fawn, red,agouti, orange,merle, roan, brindle, broken, banded, tan, fox & more

Toys:Wheels
Hides (either igloos or cardboard)
Toilet paper tubes
Cat balls with bells in them

Housing: 10 gallon tanks or larger for 3 females.
Males can be housed alone in smaller cages.
Males (bucks) have a stronge smell to them and the cage needs to be clean a few times a week. Females dont smell as bad/strong, but cage still needs cleaned weekly

Additional Notes: While mice are great pets, they aren't for everyone. Please DO YOUR RESEARCH before buying.

Pictures:
IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_5377.jpg

IMG_5729.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_5118.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom