Our babies made it

Yours are about the same age as my Cornish Rocks (give or take a day or two) and mine are MUCH bigger. We've been feeding a starter/grower since day 1 and actually leave the feeder down at all times. We plan to cull around week 8 or 9 and they're REALLY on track for that time frame!

Plucked a random one from the bunch and it was THREE POUNDS!!! yay! Getting closer to our goal

Plan on lots of growth(and food) over the next 3-4 weeks. Mine really took off growing at about 4 weeks. I processed them at 9 weeks this past weekend, and the biggest cockerel dressed out at 7 1/2 pounds. The smallest hen weighed in at just over 5 pounds. I cut up a couple of them today, and half of the boneless skinless breast weighed 1 pound 2 ounces. I had to split each half into two thinner pieces. My dressed weight was a little over 70% of live weight.

6.5wks :) random pluck, 3lb6oz

Keep up the good work.....sounds like they are growing well, and at a rate where they won't have leg problems.

Sounds like you are moving right along and doing a good job. If, at 9 weeks, they are not at the weight you want, and they aren't having any problems, then just wait an extra week or two. Some people will process their roos first, and then wait a week or two on the pullets, since they tend to grow slower and not be as big.

8wks and im pretty sure my little scale is tapped out... they are more than only 4lbs FOR SURE... there are a few really big ones. Getting closer!

Currently going through 50# of grain a week... add two more bags to the total at $22.50 each

198.00 previous total
+22.50
+22.50
________
$243.00

/25 birds

$9.72 each bird

Last edited:
I had that problem. We had to put my son on the bathroom scale and hand him a chicken then subtract to get the weight of the bird. I've since purchased a new kitchen scale that reads up to 22lb 2oz. I found it on Amazon.com for $20.

Back
Top Bottom