Our Barns 3rd Life. Pics

furbabymum

Songster
7 Years
May 6, 2012
Burns, Wyoming
We fenced our barn in well when we used it as a dog run. It kept all of our large dogs in so I expect it will be able to keep digging predators out. The run is uncovered so flying predators will be able to get in.
This is a picture when you walk into the door of the barn. This was the hay storage/tack room.

I intend to do deep litter and have hay down right now. The floor is dirt. I have 2 perches on the end but the chickens haven't used them yet. Nest boxes will go along the right wall. I need to build them but it's bloody windy out this weekend.
Here is a picture from the other end of the "coop"

The door leads out into the dog run so I put a small fence up just to keep the chickens from hanging out over there. Makes a nice storage area as well. The black plastic containers will be the next boxes as soon as I mount them.
This is a picture of the barn from the end of the run.

Several pallet shade/hiding places along the run.
Water is over here. I have a hose so I can fill the waterer in the "coop" with ease. The black waterer will be moved when I get the drive to the dog run.

This is the inside of the barn.
Notice that the walls don't go all the way to the ceiling in the "coop" so I figure that will be sufficient ventilation.

My poor roo. No one had used the roosts so I caught him and put him up there. He was not pleased.

Took me forever to level out the floor after the dogs had dug it all up. Went in there this morning and the chickens are now digging the floor up. Might have to consider cementing it after all. That or rocks.

Man would I love to have that much "indoor" space to work with. I live in a 1928 farm home on 10 acres, which also comes with a 1928 barn and horse shelter. Every day i curse that darn shelter, as its totally USELESS because it wasnt kept up over the years like the house was. I would LOVE to have that indoor space for my chickens, and of course an Emu that I have been reaming about for AGES!

Love your set up!

Man would I love to have that much "indoor" space to work with. I live in a 1928 farm home on 10 acres, which also comes with a 1928 barn and horse shelter. Every day i curse that darn shelter, as its totally USELESS because it wasnt kept up over the years like the house was. I would LOVE to have that indoor space for my chickens, and of course an Emu that I have been reaming about for AGES!

Love your set up!
I don't believe the people we bought our house from ever mucked out the barn. I tried mucking it out but it is so hard that we will need to rent a small tractor (our tractor is much too big to fit inside). So the walls where I managed to clear a bit are rusty and it slopes up to 3 feet above the ground. Would be so much more wonderful if they had mucked the barn like they should have.

Back
Top Bottom