Our Basset Hound is Prego

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Or tell the lady you got her spayed and get the ppers and sell the kittens for way more.

LOL..no..it dosent work that way hun. I'd have to show her the spay paper..etc..
plus i dont want any kittens..I'd end up keeping them all!
wink.png

Quote:
Yes, you can. And a responsible breeder is generally very careful about screening and keeping in contact with the people they sell to.

But ultimately some people have no problem with breeding animals with no real goal in mind and don't care if they contribute to the shelter population which has to euthanize millions of animals annually.I don't really know what to do about that other than continue to push for responsible breeding practices, because that statistic makes me a little sad. Guess it doesn't bother some people, though.

Yeah..i hear you..it dosent bother most breeders (except the FEW good ones...pure and mixed..).. otherwise how could they keep breeding? It is a no win/never ending cycle..
sad.png
They just keep breeding and breeding..year after year..most times twice a year..
*i have to say that i have no problem with breeders ..of pure OR mutt breeds..for me its ALL about if you are responsible for the babies..if you find them GOOD homes and will take back EVERY puppy that you EVER sell so it or ITS pups dosent ever end up in a shelter.....*

Last edited:
Quote:
Or tell the lady you got her spayed and get the ppers and sell the kittens for way more.

LOL..no..it dosent work that way hun. I'd have to show her the spay paper..etc..
wink.png

or get someones elses cat spayed then show her the paper work fill out every detail as if it was that cat. I am a very evil person.

Quote:
wink.png

or get someones elses cat spayed then show her the paper work fill out every detail as if it was that cat. I am a very evil person.

lol.png
I see, you are.
wink.png

plus..i dont want babies cause they have a VERY hard time giving birth..because the babies have such big round heads.. i dont want to risk my Calli-Lilly..
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
They do, but you shouldn't. Early altering is not good for the animal. It is especially detrimental to large breeds. The "animal rights" rage of the last few years has caused a slew of bone issues in all breeds and sizes of animals, but it is especially hard on hips in large breeds. It has nothing to do with improving the health of an individual animal, and everything to do with pushing an agenda. Good vets won't do it until a dog is at least six months old, and in giant breeds it should be later than that.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=neutering+bone+joint+health+risks+dogs&btnG=Search

Breeders are not responsible for pet overpopulation. Irresponsible pet owners are. They are the ones doing all the buying and dumping. There are many good breeders off all different types. Bad breeders are few and far between.

As for the litter. Their dogs. Their choice if they want them aborted. If they want to deal with any problems coming from the litter, then let them. Its their business. Not that of a bunch of people from the internet that oppose breeding.

Just curious, why would this thread be brought up after 2 days of inactivity?

Not trying to be rude, just seems that it's restating everything that's already been said, is all. Hard to incorporate tone into writing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom