Our chicken tractor from recycled meterials

I am in the process of planning on doing a complete coop overhaul using mostly pallet wood and other reclaimed items. Looks like you have a nice little tractor going on there.
Check your local craigslist.
Free wood/pallets daily.

Yep, already have quite a pile of pallets I have collected up and are awaiting deconstruction. Pending better weather that is. Also was able to get some decent larger materials from someone who was getting rid of a swing set. Craigslist is an amazing resource.

I got most of my pallet material from work. Wasn't the easiest to work with the wood being pressure treated I assume. Was hard as a rock in some areas. Had to drill holes then run the nails through the board into the next.

Hello all!

New here and just wanted to make an official first post. Our chicken tractor was built by my 12 year old daughter and I over a few weekends. Its entirely constructed from reclaimed materials. We used things like pallet wood, some scrap wood and fencing we found, and a few milk crates. Not too shabby and our dogs were helpful in showing us week spots without hesitation. Here are a few photos of the final product. The feeder is just your average Plastic water feeder and we had a huge issue with water getting into our feed that I finally got a five gallon bucket, cut a few holes, took the bottom of the 7 lb Harris Farms feeder off and just laid the top piece in. Filled and no issues since. :)
You fixed my milk crate nesting delema.. lol.. just cut out that small panel!!! Brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom