1. Kristy in WA

Kristy in WA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Eastern Washington
    Just before Thanksgiving, I posted in a panic about the smell in my henhouse. After getting tons of great advice about ventilation, we did some serious work, and now our coop is ready for the winter. I didn't take pictures of the actual ventilation holes that we added, but I took some pictures of the coop and outdoor run that we have for them for the winter. Come spring, their outside area will be much bigger, but the cold snuck up on us too quickly, and we had to make something quick, before we were 2 feet under the snow! The henhouse is actually a part of the new barn that my husband built. If you want to see pictures of that, you'll have to page through my blog until you see an old western style, false front, barn. The chickens are in the far left of that! Enjoy! Kristy

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/thesilverpaw/

2. Engteacher

Engteacher Poultry, Poetry, and Prose

Sep 1, 2009
    Hastings, MN
    Your coop and run look terrific! I especially liked the photos of your kids out with the chickens. What a great opportunity for learning for them. Thanks for posting the update to your earlier issue.

3. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Do a poop plank and clean it daily. Your litter will last a year that way. And the poop is free of seeds, etc so can be put on garden during winter with no worry of weeds etc coming in with crops. Can be put into compost all during warm weather. [​IMG]

4. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    i just read your whole blog.. that is great.. and i am sending it on to daughter.. she is vegetarian and always looking for new things.. by the way.. glad you found your glasses [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by