Our daughter, the chicken whisperer :o)

SharW75

Songster
Jul 26, 2019
Ohio
We have such a friendly bunch of ladies and gents! :)

IMG_1761.JPG

I love this! How old is your daughter? My daughter just turned 8 and this past May, our first 3 chickens (we now have 17 I can't even believe we have that many!) were hatched in her classroom. She got me hooked on this chicken addiction, hahaha. Does your daughter enjoy helping care for them? My daughter loved it in the beginning but quickly realized how much work is involved (once we got ducks, at her request, the workload increased so much). She basically is the chicken and duck hugger/lover now, hahaha!

I love this! How old is your daughter? My daughter just turned 8 and this past May, our first 3 chickens (we now have 17 I can't even believe we have that many!) were hatched in her classroom. She got me hooked on this chicken addiction, hahaha. Does your daughter enjoy helping care for them? My daughter loved it in the beginning but quickly realized how much work is involved (once we got ducks, at her request, the workload increased so much). She basically is the chicken and duck hugger/lover now, hahaha!

Jordan is 11, and I think she inherited the "chicken gene" from me. :lau The birds are hers, more or less, and she does probably 75% or more of their care on her own, with me taking up the other part. Since I grew up on a farm, she comes to me with all her questions, and all the chicken drama that inevitably happens. She is a very responsible kid, and she really loves her birds. :)

Jordan is 11, and I think she inherited the "chicken gene" from me. :lau The birds are hers, more or less, and she does probably 75% or more of their care on her own, with me taking up the other part. Since I grew up on a farm, she comes to me with all her questions, and all the chicken drama that inevitably happens. She is a very responsible kid, and she really loves her birds. :)
I try to get my niece into chickens. I really try to promote them to her all the time, but I don't think she quite loves them as much as I do

She sounds like such a wonderful young lady. I hope and pray that with some time, my daughter will start to chip in more with the chicken & duck chores. My daughter (she suffers from "only child syndrome" ~ to be honest I am working very hard to right my wrongs as an older parent to an only child :rant) was excited to see yours surrounded by her chickens. I think your daughter was inspiring. I know you are very proud. She seems like such a blessing :D

Back
Top Bottom