Introducing Wyandottes to Orpingtons

CrookedWarden

Chirping
Jan 5, 2023
Howdy folks,
It's been a while but, my Orpingtons have been outside for several weeks now & loving the coop space.
It took a while for them to go outside the coop but, now they wander in & out as they please.
Currently, I have 3 ladies & three gents all about 11 weeks old. I plan to move two of the gents to a bachelor pad. Then I have a bunch of 7 week Wyandottes that will be going outside this weekend.
Four gents are heading over to the bachelor pad & then six ladies are joining the three Orpington girls & their male companion.

I know these should all be pretty calm breeds but, anything I should look out for?
I will be adding another 64" roosting bar to the coop right before I move the ladies in.

Yeah, I wish I had that luxury. Because ideally, that's what I'd be doing.
I have had the Wyandottes out next to the Orpington run a couple of times but, that was the best I could do.

They're all still young-ish so I'd supervise the initial meeting, and then hope for the best. Cluttering up the run (or moving around existing clutter) just before they meet might help add some confusion to the mix (as well as hiding places) and help to distract the existing group from the new ones coming in.

Back
Top Bottom