Our first chicks!

mrs918

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 14, 2011
spokane,wa
We got out first four chicks yesterday...so excited!! We have a rhode island red named june...br named loretta...golden sex link named patsy and an ee (sold as a aracauna) named dolly.

They are all very active and friendly....though I think patsy the gsl is going to be the trouble maker lol

love.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif
welcome-byc.gif
ya.gif

Are these your first chicks ever? Are they going to be urban chickens or do you have a farm? Take lots of pics! I'd like to see them! They grow so fast!
big_smile.png

First chickens yes, though my husband grew up with them. We are doing the urban chicken thing. Our city doesn't allow roosters so just the girls for us. We technically have one more than the legal limit, but our neighbors don't care. Id love to post pics but im accessing the sight on my phone so I don't think I can post pics.
I can't believe how much they've grown in the three days we've had them ! The ee is definetly the friendliest, jumping right in our hand when we put our hand in front of her. The others are all friendly just not as eager. I guess we will have to wait and see if they become "hand tame", or prefer to be on there own. My husband and I are really enjoying socializing with them!

Back
Top Bottom