Our First Egg!

jjunge08

Chirping
Nov 8, 2020
NW Ohio
:woot We have 8 Buff Orpingtons and this is our first time raising chickens. One of them laid there first egg today at 20 weeks and 6 days!! Hey Hey (named after the chicken from Moana) had been squatting in a submissive pose and following me around for about the last week. Yesterday she did it three different times in the short time I was outside and I told my wife I didn’t think it would be long. I was right! Found the egg today after work in the run. Now I just need to get her to lay inside in the boxes!

Attachments

• 7859A356-1F1B-44A8-B136-85AFE44CEABB.jpeg
    7859A356-1F1B-44A8-B136-85AFE44CEABB.jpeg
    380.1 KB · Views: 12
I have a few brown ceramic eggs in the boxes and they have been in there for the last couple weeks. The hens have been inspecting the nest boxes but don’t go in the coop a lot during the day. My coop is elevated and the run goes under the main coop area. Back in the corner of the run under the coop framing is where I found the egg.

:woot We have 8 Buff Orpingtons and this is our first time raising chickens. One of them laid there first egg today at 20 weeks and 6 days!! Hey Hey (named after the chicken from Moana) had been squatting in a submissive pose and following me around for about the last week. Yesterday she did it three different times in the short time I was outside and I told my wife I didn’t think it would be long. I was right! Found the egg today after work in the run. Now I just need to get her to lay inside in the boxes!
Congrats the first egg is so exciting . And yes you were right :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom