Our first egg!!

Robyn_NCal

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2023
We are brand new to chickens and started with our first three chicks - 2 EE and one BCM - on March 17th this year (a picture of them at 3 days old is attached - they were so tiny!). We added Oliver Eggers, a Welbar and a Spangled Orloff two weeks later. I have been checking the next boxes (and pelvic bones) fruitlessly now for weeks since the oldest EEs started squatting at 18 weeks. They oldest girls are right on 21 weeks today.

Yesterday the white one (named Pillow) was singing the egg song for hours, in and out of the next boxes, but still nothing. My husband was making loud statements about chicken soup. And this morning, I found this very small but beautiful blue-green egg! I am over the moon and so excited for more. I honestly thought it would never happen... the wait for that first egg is sooooo looong!

IMG_7271.jpg
IMG_7273.jpg
IMG_7274.jpg
IMG_6071.jpg

We are brand new to chickens and started with our first three chicks - 2 EE and one BCM - on March 17th this year (a picture of them at 3 days old is attached - they were so tiny!). We added Oliver Eggers, a Welbar and a Spangled Orloff two weeks later. I have been checking the next boxes (and pelvic bones) fruitlessly now for weeks since the oldest EEs started squatting at 18 weeks. They oldest girls are right on 21 weeks today.

Yesterday the white one (named Pillow) was singing the egg song for hours, in and out of the next boxes, but still nothing. My husband was making loud statements about chicken soup. And this morning, I found this very small but beautiful blue-green egg! I am over the moon and so excited for more. I honestly thought it would never happen... the wait for that first egg is sooooo looong!

View attachment 3603381View attachment 3603382View attachment 3603383View attachment 3603384
She didn’t want to be chicken soup 😂. Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom