Our Grim Situation

Oh my gosh-so sorry you're going through this. I'll be praying for you and Alex, what an awful thing to have to endure. Stay strong.
hugs.gif
Prayers that the doctors will find whatever is wrong with him quickly!

My dad has symptoms almost identical to your husbands. It started in his mid forties. He is now 59. He has had every test in the book and the doctors never figured it out. He finally gave up. You have my sympathies. I would say that his physical symptoms are just a bit more severe than your husband's, while the mental symptoms are a bit less severe. With Dad, the most striking thing is the utter lack of hand eye coordination and balance. He was also very athletic and in great shape. I hope they figure it out.

I don't know you but I have some health issues so I know how tough it is to see the world roll on like nothing's happening and you're dealing with something like this.

So very sorry. It's clearly neurological, so hopefully they'll do a brain scan and you'll get some answers.

Belinda,

Your entry brought tears to my eyes as well...
hugs.gif
:hugs:hugs

I'm so sorry your are going through this. I was encouraged reading the comments
of all the suggestions of what it might be, and I hope it is figured out quickly.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Hang in there!

Nancy

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I just read your blog, and I know you said they ruled it out, but it really does sound like Alzheimer's to me. My SIL's father was diagnosed with this at the age of 56, which they thought was awful young. He deteriorated very much the same way you described. I might attempt to get a second or third opinion on that if you haven't already.

Wishing you both the best.
Tamara

One of the coolest people I ever knew had similar symptoms, but a slower on-set, and it turned out she had brain atrophy. It was horrible to watch . . . and to feel helpless to do much besides try to make her comfortable or bring some happiness into her life.

I hope this is something less severe and possibly reversible. The sooner you catch these types of things the better chance you can intervene and slow it down or reverse it (that depends upon what it is).

It sounds like you are being proactive. I hope this is something that can be treated. Remember to smile and be strong for him.
smile.png

Your story gave me reason to stop and pause and give thanks and say a prayer.

You have a gift for writing so I would encourage you to journal your thoughts - you may be able to help others later.

Hang in there and never, ever give up hope. God is good.

Back
Top Bottom