Our Grim Situation

You all have my prayers. God is amazing and he will help you all through this. I pray they're able to find out what is wrong and help him. Stay strong, and good luck.

Ninja,

I too cried as I read your post. It brought back some horrible memories for myself and my heart aches for you and your husband. My first husband had a stroke when he was 36. It was hard to diagnose, due to the fact that it was brought on my sleep apnea... thus lack of oxygen to the brain. I stayed in the hospital with him for 12 days and then brought home a grown man who couldn't even remember how to shave, brush his teeth, or turn the shower on. He would try to talk and sometimes only make grunting noises. It was hard for him to speak "real" words. He always knew what he wanted to say, but it just wouldn't come out. As for memory? He didn't even know who our four sons were. He suffered a second stroke a year later at the age of 37.

If your husband has sleep apnea.... ask your doc if it's possible he suffered a stroke. And if your doc cannot diagnose your husband's problem, find another doctor. Somebody somewhere can help you. Don't give up hope. I'll be praying for you and your husband.

God Bless you and Alex. You both will be in my prayers now. I was brought to tears while reading your blog, I am so, so sorry. I have nothing to add but hang in there and be strong. Use us to shoulder your burden.
Oh, Alex surely will qualify for disability..check it out. Please do get more than one dr's opinion.
hugs.gif

hit.gif
I have no words to explain how I'm feeling now that I've read your blog. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers
hugs.gif

Ninja, you don't know me, but your splendid heart is there for all to see. How rare a person in you that knows the wisdom of trusting in the hearts and the help of others to call on the mighty hand of God. I pray for your dear husband and for your continued courage in the face of terror and confusion. God bless you and your husband and family in the mightiest and most merciful way. I hope you can feel my love and concern, as well as all others your story has touched and pray my most fervent prayers for you. MSHEN
hugs.gif

Ninjap, you definitely have a gift in writing, and we are all here to listen when you need or respect your privacy when you need that also. I am not sure if our arm-chair diagnosing is creating angst in your world, I would never wish to add that to you. Knowledge is power so that is one thing I think we all are trying to do for you. Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease was mentioned earlier, ALS and Picks disease are two more to look for. Alex needs a team of neurologists now, I didn't notice where you live, but i am hoping you have access to a larger medical facility with multiple resources.

Just post on here and there are 30, 000 of us that would jump in and help you.

I struggled with whether to post anything, so I wish a diagnosis and treatment for your dear Alex. With tears in my eyes and a heavy heart, I pray for you both.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom