Our house burnt... But I'm back to BYC

WB to a great big circle of friends.
smile.png

Your poor kitty makes my heart ache, as he seems to represent all your family has endured these hard months. Keep us posted on your recovery progress. We're all pulling for you.

Quote:
Your lender may be a friend, but he darned well should have bent over backwards because he blew it, unfortunately. If it weren't a friend I'd advise you go to after them, they're liable, as they didn't do their own due diligence. I hope he's helping out on the financial side, recovering from that can't be cheap.....I don't mean to come down so hard on a friend, I'm just very frustrated for you! Post pictures of your new home when you get settled in.

That's a terrible story. I'm glad everyone was okay. I saw your post about the frozen barn and found it very amusing. That's the thing about the southern states. You always get a good rain that freezes before the snow comes down.

Too bad about your insurance. It's too late for anybody else that has house or car insurance. It's a good idea to check your policy and confirm coverages. This is especially true when you change cars. I work in the industry and it's amazing how many people thought they had coverage on something and they didn't. Agents are supposed to contact you once a year for policy review. I've never had one call me.

If you live in an older house you should ask your agent what the company will do in the case of an older house. They can't build you a brand new house that is in the same condition as your old house. So they will depreciate it and let you do what you want.

Quote:
Your lender may be a friend, but he darned well should have bent over backwards because he blew it, unfortunately. If it weren't a friend I'd advise you go to after them, they're liable, as they didn't do their own due diligence. I hope he's helping out on the financial side, recovering from that can't be cheap.....I don't mean to come down so hard on a friend, I'm just very frustrated for you! Post pictures of your new home when you get settled in.

I would have to agree. It wasn't just your insurance agent that dropped the ball, your lender did too. As for being a friend and not going after him, what kind of friend does this? A true friend should have bent over backwards to make sure things were in order when you took the mortgage out.

I'm sorry for your loss and hope in the end things work out better for you.
hugs.gif
Give your kitty a gentle hug for me too.
hugs.gif

So sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm involved in a fight with insurance as well ('the other guy's' auto insurance) and I know there is no 'fairness' there. Sorry also about your feline friend also. Thank heaven he is recovering. Best to you...

At first I thought my sister was on this list too - but then it saw that your animals survived. They lost all of theirs. Their house burned the day before Thanksgiving. In TN.
And they have been having a nightmare with insurance too. Theirs was a complete loss and what everything that survived - someone came the next day and stole!

Can you argue with the insurance a little longer? $15,000 for $80,000 is such a ripoff.

Back
Top Bottom