Our Llamas-UPDATE Are Here!!!!!!!!!!!

We have seriously been thinking of getting llama's as well. We have the room. Why not change Bertie to Gertie...I love that name and it's close
wink.png
I like Dolly too..that's cute. My sisters name is charlotte lol

Woohoo!!!!!! The girls are home safe and sound.
yippiechickie.gif
It was an adventure getting them here. First Charlotte, who isn't used to being on a lead, wasn't cooperating. We finally got her out of the corral and then she wouldn't go where mom went. We got Dolly surrounded by corral plans, and tried to get Charlotte to join her. It took my dh and a bowl of food to get her to cooperate. Funniest thing in the entire world, we ended up loading the girls into the back of our mini van!!!!!!!
lau.gif
It was a sight to see. We were going to use their former owners horse trailer until we found a mama bird and her nest tucked up in the top of the goose neck. Thus we brought them home in the van. It took them a bit to settle into the ride home, but them were better passengers then my kiddos. They got out of the van VERY easily, especially since it took an hour to get them in!!
bun.gif
They seem to be happy in their new home, busy exploring and taking dirt baths.

On a side note: There is a chance that mama may be pg. She had been taken near the male in question before we got there, and she didn't want to have anything to do with him. Soooooo, we shall see.

Enjoy the pics of our girls trip home!!

11768_llama_012.jpg

Charlotte and Dolly riding home in the van.

11768_llama_027.jpg

Dolly exploring her new home.

Sonja

ooo your llamas have GREAT FACES! I love them too!
smile.png

In the mini van.. so happy you got a picture of that. I think mama was smiling! lol

Our llamas made it through their first night here wonderfully! They're adjusting well and are so sweet!! I love petting their wooly necks. Our only issue is to get our black lab used to them. He just sits near the fence and barks. Our other 2 dogs are warming to them. This morning I went out and hand fed the llamas while my ds let them dogs out. I'm hoping if Lucky sees that the llamas are our friends, he'll mellow out. Although he still barks at the chickens when they get too close to his side of the fence.

We do planning on shearing them next spring. Dolly has never been sheared, so I think I'll wait until the following year to see how her coat comes in before we use the wool. Charlotte still has a nice coat, but needs a little up keep.

Sonja

Back
Top Bottom