Our Mixed Flock Journey!

@BY Bob's been visiting :gig Just kidding Bob! :)

That's beautiful! Thank you Jehane! I've been wondering if you have a similar celebration in Australia?
Nope. :) Most of us started out as convicts ~ well not actually my lot. We arrived later as free settlers! but the colony started with convicts & as they pretty nearly starved the 1st 5 years no one was ever feeling particularly grateful. Even a centaury later lots of people still referred to England as *home*. Australia was just the unlucky place they got born.

Nope. :) Most of us started out as convicts ~ well not actually my lot. We arrived later as free settlers! but the colony started with convicts & as they pretty nearly starved the 1st 5 years no one was ever feeling particularly grateful. Even a centaury later lots of people still referred to England as *home*. Australia was just the unlucky place they got born.
You didn't have choice of Corsica??? shorter voyage :idunno

I knew that was how Australia was settled! :( I've read some of your history, but I don't really now what celebrations you have! :)

Australia Day, ANZAC Day, Easter, Christmas. There are various public holidays but those are the main ones.
I will have to look up each of the ones that we don't have in common! I need to prepare myself to come visit! Although...I think I've got a pretty good handle on it...I mean I know what a drop bear and a tinny/tinnie is now...just not sure how to spell it...lol!

I will have to look up each of the ones that we don't have in common! I need to prepare myself to come visit! Although...I think I've got a pretty good handle on it...I mean I know what a drop bear and a tinny/tinnie is now...just not sure how to spell it...lol!
Oh the other 2 are easy ~ though all the PC nonsense has them embroiled in controversy. Australia Day celebrates the arrival of the 1st fleet & Europeans ~ so some indigenous people have their knickers in a knot about celebrating it ~ like those poor sods had any choice about getting dumped here! Honestly! I wonder about some people. The other remembers the landing @ Anzac Cove during WWI ~ but now includes the fallen from every war Australians & New Zealanders have served in. Bit like your Remembrance Day perhaps...?

Back
Top Bottom