Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Rene, I am having the same situation.
We moved here (SC) from PA 3 1/2 years ago, and our families are 600 miles away now.
I used to go up frequently but since Covid, and a few other reasons this year, we have not. I have to say, with everything that happened in 2020, and even yet this month, my mood has not been healthy.
I am planning a trip home in the near future, Covid or no Covid.
If you do come home maybe we could have a little picnic or dinner with @CrazyChookChookLady as well. A mini BYC get together!

Good morning all. Yesterday was a decompress day although we did put more stain on the cabinet doors. I'm also getting ready to move furniture in two of our bedrooms...so I can get my office/craft room setup in the larger room. We will also be storing the finished cabinet doors in there until we are ready to put everything back together. My husband was talking about modifying/rebuilding another upper cabinet, but I'm not sure...it will just make everything take that much longer.
Looks like all of my chickens and rabbits survived while we were gone, thank goodness! One of my Welsummer girls was out of the pen yesterday, she came right back in when I gave them a morning treat. I don't know how long she was out & my son didn't mention it...so either it just happened yesterday or he didn't realize she was loose. I will need to spend some time out there & see if I can find her escape route.
I have to get back to work on the kitchen. I hope you all have a beautiful day! 💞

Good morning all. Yesterday was a decompress day although we did put more stain on the cabinet doors. I'm also getting ready to move furniture in two of our bedrooms...so I can get my office/craft room setup in the larger room. We will also be storing the finished cabinet doors in there until we are ready to put everything back together. My husband was talking about modifying/rebuilding another upper cabinet, but I'm not sure...it will just make everything take that much longer.
Looks like all of my chickens and rabbits survived while we were gone, thank goodness! One of my Welsummer girls was out of the pen yesterday, she came right back in when I gave them a morning treat. I don't know how long she was out & my son didn't mention it...so either it just happened yesterday or he didn't realize she was loose. I will need to spend some time out there & see if I can find her escape route.
I have to get back to work on the kitchen. I hope you all have a beautiful day! 💞

Welcome back Rene!

Well, something just came up that I have to share! I have a friend...he's my youngest sons best friend locally...anyway he is really getting into raising chickens! I'm giving him one of my FBCM roosters and he is going to be picking up some Cream Legbar hens. I asked him to get a couple of the Legbars for me and the guy he's buying from also has Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and Lavender Orpingtons...yes, I'm also getting another Orpington and one or two Wyandottes in a couple of weeks. I wound up not getting the other hens from my other friend, so I will be able to breed my Legbars to my Marans and get myself some Olive eggers...would be awesome if they look like my little Madeleine!

Last edited:
Well, something just came up that I have to share! I have a friend...he's my youngest sons best friend locally...anyway he is really getting into raising chickens! I'm giving him one of my FBCM roosters and he is going to be picking up some Cream Legbar hens. I asked him to get a couple of the Legbars for me and the guy he's buying from also has Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and Lavender Orpingtons...yes, I'm getting another Orpington and one or two Wyandottes in a couple of weeks. I wound up not getting the other hens from my other friend, so I will be able to breed my Legbars to my Marans and get myself some Olive eggers...would be awesome if they look like my little Madeleine!

That will be fun for the two of you to chat chicken! Hope you'll share pictures of your coming new birds!

Back
Top Bottom