Our Mixed Flock Journey!

You may rethink that once you see this video of how mean mine is. It is quite disturbing.

Bob, I know it is upsetting, and it is definitely mean, but it isn't really all that violent. To me it looks like mean girls pulling hair rather than a real mugging.

Well the last couple of days have been interesting! I recieved a message from my sons friend, saying that they had moved & they brought his Jeep to the Tri-Cities, with a...can you come pick it up. So, sure we'll come get it! We had to be in town yesterday, I had to drop off the fertile eggs, I needed layer crumbles for my flock and I needed to return the faucet I bought for the kitchen remodel from Home Depot...they sent me a used faucet...I couldn't believe it. I called them and they were very apologetic & had no idea how this happened, they gave me a $67.00 discount on a new one and I made the decision to return the used one to the store, for a faster refund, since we were going to be in town anyway! We had to put a battery in Derek's jeep as they told us his was dead, hubs wanted to see if we could get it to start before we made plans for getting it home, the tabs are expired, it's not insured and the front seat is not bolted down...he was working on it and was going to get it when he returns in March for baby's birthday. We got it started, Dale tried to find a car hauler from U-haul...but they didn't have any available until today and to top that off the feed store was out of crumbles, but they would have some today..so we bought some scratch & some more cracked corn, did some grocery shopping, reserved a trailer, gassed up the truck & came home! Today we headed back to town, picked up the trailer, loaded up the Jeep & headed home. Got home, unloaded the Jeep, ate a quick lunch, then headed back to town. Returned the trailer, stopped by a lumber store...that we also went to yesterday, picked up the crumbles, bought dinner, sat in the truck to eat it, gassed up the truck and came home.
Wait...there's more...the same friends took a small horse trailer my son had for their sons girlfriend & my son also gave their son a boat...well the girlfriend decided she doesn't want the trailer, the son is going into the military and decided that he doesn't want the boat...can you come get them from Clarkston, 3 hours away this time. I told them that we will come get the horse trailer (we can sell it), but the boat belongs to Adam...so he needs to deal with it!
Forgive me for offloading, but
I'm so tired right now! At least we won't be heading to Clarkston until some time next week! We thought we had this kid moved...but in his favor, this was out of his control!
I'm ready for our remodel to be finished & I want warm weather, so that I can sit in the free range pen and enjoy my beautiful flock! Is that too much to ask?
Whew😥 I feel better now...thanks for listening!
That feels like what happens when you call someone and before even saying hello a story rushes out. I love it. That was a hectic couple of days. I am wishing you some down time with your feathered friends. Seems like you have earned it.

Bob, I know it is upsetting, and it is definitely mean, but it isn't really all that violent. To me it looks like mean girls pulling hair rather than a real mugging.
I just don't see it that way. But I worry about Phyllis. So much that I am going to make a roost change. If that doesn't fix it, I believe I will go ahead and build the other coop in the run and get at least another Polish and try and split into 2 groups. I can't stand having this happen to her. It breaks my heart.

I just don't see it that way. But I worry about Phyllis. So much that I am going to make a roost change. If that doesn't fix it, I believe I will go ahead and build the other coop in the run and get at least another Polish and try and split into 2 groups. I can't stand having this happen to her. It breaks my heart.

I can't remember Bob, is Phyllis your only Polish?

:hugs:hugs
I do think Phyllis bears the brunt of it because she looks so different - so maybe a Polish friend and a Polish annex would make life more peaceful.

:hugs:hugs
I do think Phyllis bears the brunt of it because she looks so different - so maybe a Polish friend and a Polish annex would make life more peaceful.
Phyllis gets it worse because she is surprised so often but Sydney gets it pretty bad as well. I am not convinced it is because of her looks. It's not really any different than any bottom of the order hen has experienced here. She just doesn't see it coming as well.

Back
Top Bottom