Our Mixed Flock Journey!

You're welcome...do you see some there that you would like?
My hubby loves the looks of brahma's but I would love to have a blue or green whiting. ( Love different colored eggs) I love the looks of new Hampshire but I only have room for a small flock in village where I live so they need to be effecient layers. I have sex links, rir, black austrolope, and speck. Sussex now

My hubby loves the looks of brahma's but I would love to have a blue or green whiting. ( Love different colored eggs) I love the looks of new Hampshire but I only have room for a small flock in village where I live so they need to be effecient layers. I have sex links, rir, black austrolope, and speck. Sussex now
And your mean rooster 🐓 that's the main reason I won't have one

I currently have 6 roosters...they need to be thinned out. I have no problems with them, but one did go after my oldest son when he was watching them for me, so he doesn't go in the pen when they are around!
They can be very mean and SCARY. When my citified grandson helped me feed my girls he freaked when my head hen jumped on their plate of food.! Little buggers

I was going through some old pictures and found these! The first picture is our first flock, I can tell from the pen they are in, and then our second flock. I really didn't remember how beautiful they all were and what breeds we had...like I said before they were my youngest sons passion! They all free ranged in our yard! I'm so happy that our new flock is mostly safe with the new setup we have!View attachment 2546757View attachment 2546758
I didn’t know you had some Polish chickens!?
They are all so pretty! Especially that little rooster in the middle of second pic! :love

We will make sure that they are warm, safe and secure! :)
We have a problem with roaming dogs, they killed my banty's.:( So we are planning on keeping our new flock confined unless we are spending the day in the yard!

Thank you for the welcome!

Rene'
My dog escaped and murdered almost my entire flock. I had to get rid of the dogs because I wanted to continue having chickens. So heartbreaking. Sorry you chicks got murdered as well :(

Back
Top Bottom