Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Hi everyone! After a lot of stress, we finally have our new countertops in place. We still have some finish work, but I can start to put my kitchen back together. I was able to find the green tile at one of the places I'd been watching, so I bit the bullet and ordered it this evening. I will share a picture of the tile when we finally get it installed. Thank you for putting up with my non chicken related project. 💞

First picture is the new range hood cabinet Dale built for me...I love it! I'm hoping to get my new stove in July! Time will tell.
View attachment 2723445
The new countertops!
View attachment 2723446View attachment 2723447View attachment 2723448View attachment 2723451View attachment 2723449View attachment 2723450View attachment 2723452
My gosh that came out beautiful. Well worth the wait and that range hood is simply amazing. Your husband is very talented. :clap:clap

Yes, there's a light at the end of the tunnel! Thank you Jehane!!! :) I can't wait until I get my tile in...I think the green is going to be so lovely...I'm so thankful for the encouragement you all gave to me, to go for it! :love
I am so excited for the green tile as well. I can't wait to see it installed but I'm certain it is a good choice.

I am well! At least I can say I did get something finished... my new garden where my pond was... but I do need to pressure wash 😄View attachment 2731726
All the projects always take way longer than we’d like 🤦‍♀️.... at least mine are!
That is very lovely! Great work! I love that purple turtle. :thumbsup

I know I have not been around a lot. My daughter had a crisis that I spent the last week helping her with.

She was in the middle of a bathroom remodel and the contractor abandoned her for a higher paying job. They only have one bathroom in their house. And it was stripped down. So I headed out on Monday to help. Here is the story as I wrote it for my thread.

Monday

I arrived at my daughter's on Monday night and they had gotten their part done. The floor and tub were tiled and the walls painted. The first thing I did Monday night was to install the toilet.

There had been no toilet for a week. Did I mention the house only has 1 bathroom and was built in 1948.

20210621_220812.jpg

There was no door so I grabbed a rug I keep in my car for emergencies and tacked it up.
20210623_005100.jpg

Since it took me 7 hours to drive there, it was midnight Monday when the toilet was operational.

Tuesday
We woke up early Tuesday and went to work. Tuesday's priorities in order of installation.
  1. Vanity Light
  2. Medicine Cabinet
  3. Vanity
  4. Sink and faucet
  5. Caulk tub
  6. Install shower head and shower fixtures
By the end of the day, all was completed but a flaw was identified in the shower control knob. The shower was usable but it was 12:30 am when we were done and showers would wait until morning.

20210623_010107.jpg

20210623_010319.jpg

Wednesday
It was hard waking up on Wednesday until you realized a shower was waiting. Everyone showered before we got started. There were a lot of smiles.

The big project on Wednesday was to install a new door. I hate installing doors. Along with the door we wanted to install
  • GFI outlet
  • Towel rack
  • Toilet paper holder
  • Exhaust fan
  • Baseboard molding
  • Window trim
  • Marble window sill
  • Bathroom door trim
  • Door knob
We got the door installed, outlet, towel rack, exhaust fan, toilet paper holder, baseboard, and marble window sill.

It was when I was working on the window trim when I made my first error. It was about midnight and I mis-measured a cut on the left side trim. I had them purchase extra trim but before I cut that window trim again I wanted to cut the door trim.

Once I cut the door trim I uncovered issues mounting it to the door frame. Nothing was even. The door frame, studs, and wall were all at different depths. There was no good way to fasten the trim. At that point I pulled the plug on everything. I put on the door knob and sent everyone to bed around 1:30 am.

Thursday
I only had a half day on Thursday as I had to drive home. Everyone was up early and off to the home improvement store we went. After searching through all the trim options, I found two things which would make a nice fix. We bought the trim and headed back.

Everything went together beautifully. It turned out like it was designed that way. I finished the window trim and I was done.

Close up door trim. There are 4 pieces of wood making up this trim. I am still surprised at how well it came out.
Resized_20210625_213722.jpeg

The rest was on them. I left them with a functioning bathroom again.

As I pulled out of their driveway, my son-in-law's father pulled in to complete the electrical and help with finishing the trim and painting the door.

Here is the bathroom as I left it.

Bathroom door, inside

Resized_20210625_213718.jpeg

Outside
20210624_143335.jpg

Vanity, sink, medicine cabinet, and window.
20210624_143353.jpg

20210624_143624.jpg

Window and bath tile.
20210624_143358.jpg

20210624_143604.jpg

Bath tile and shower fixtures
20210624_143532.jpg

20210624_143556.jpg

20210624_143538.jpg

Light fixture and exhaust fan
20210624_143606.jpg

Water running into the tub.