Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Pics
One more update before I go to sleep. I went out to make sure that everyone was in the coop & to check the nesting boxes again...low and behold I found a green egg! I don't know if it's from my EE's or my Sapphire Olive Egger. It's smaller than the tan egg 31g compared to 41g, I should have weighed the white egg just for reference! I'm going to continue to weigh them until they reach full size, just because I'm curious! This is so fun!💞

20200728_214109.jpg

If you want to have some fun, and SMOKE hubby, Take one of the large white eggs, and color it in some steeped strong tea. Then slip into nest. When you do go to get eggs, let him do the finding..
My DD and DW did pull this trick on me about 20 years ago. Of course I was taken. :gig :lau

Cavey, your story reminds me of a few newbies I've seen here telling how one of their chickens laid 6 eggs in one day. :gig

If you want to have some fun, and SMOKE hubby, Take one of the large white eggs, and color it in some steeped strong tea. Then slip into nest. When you do go to get eggs, let him do the finding..
My DD and DW did pull this trick on me about 20 years ago. Of course I was taken. :gig :lau
I might just have to try that....Maybe I should add a little more color to it....I have some Huckleberry tea, it might add a purple/pink cast to it...:gig

I have too many roosters! It's like my poor girls are running a gauntlet just to get out of the coop in the morning! I went out this morning and found two more eggs...not where they should have been laid! One was in the pen near the water pipe, so I decided that I should go out of the pen and have an Easter Egg hunt. I found another one and I could have missed more, but I looked around pretty good!

Question? If I see one of my girls outside of the nesting box getting ready to lay, can I pick her up and move her to the box?

The egg I found in the pen weighed 52g, just 7g less than the white one that I was using! I'm pretty sure that it's from one of my Welsummer's, good girl...just use the nesting box next time...lol! The one in the free range pen was a bit deformed and soft in a couple of places. I accidentally cracked it, so it became part of my breakfast this morning, it weighed 32g!

52g 32g 7.28.2020.jpg

4 eggs, each a different color/shade...I'm going to love my egg basket! 52g, 41g, 32g, 31g!
52g 41g 32g 31g Egg Basket for 7.28.20.jpg

I have too many roosters! It's like my poor girls are running a gauntlet just to get out of the coop in the morning! I went out this morning and found two more eggs...not where they should have been laid! One was in the pen near the water pipe, so I decided that I should go out of the pen and have an Easter Egg hunt. I found another one and I could have missed more, but I looked around pretty good!

Question? If I see one of my girls outside of the nesting box getting ready to lay, can I pick her up and move her to the box?

The egg I found in the pen weighed 52g, just 7g less than the white one that I was using! I'm pretty sure that it's from one of my Welsummer's, good girl...just use the nesting box next time...lol! The one in the free range pen was a bit deformed and soft in a couple of places. I accidentally cracked it, so it became part of my breakfast this morning, it weighed 32g!

View attachment 2267105

4 eggs, each a different color/shade...I'm going to love my egg basket! 52g, 41g, 32g, 31g!
View attachment 2267103

I think you're probably right about the top left egg being from your Welly...it looks just like the ones I get from my girl.

You are going to have a beautiful egg basket for sure!

Back
Top Bottom