Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Pics
Moving Day! Our older chicks are moving to the big house and our little's are moving to the crib! Everyone will be so much happier in their new homes! It's been a lot of work and I'm so happy with the end product!

In the big house, but not to sure!
In the big house, but not to sure! 4.5.2020.jpg

Hi there...this is pretty cool...lol...love this pic!
In the big house! 4.5.2020.jpg

We think we're gonna like this!

<iframe width="1663" height="717" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maran's in the Brooder...what's on the wall...lol!

" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Moving Day! Our older chicks are moving to the big house and our little's are moving to the crib! Everyone will be so much happier in their new homes! It's been a lot of work and I'm so happy with the end product!

In the big house, but not to sure!
View attachment 2077051

Hi there...this is pretty cool...lol...love this pic!
View attachment 2077052

We think we're gonna like this!

Maran's in the Brooder...what's on the wall...lol!

Fun to see, thanks for sharing!

Fun to see, thanks for sharing!
I went out and checked on them this morning...they were grouped together, but not right under the light. I love that I can open the nesting box door to look, so that I don't let to much heat out or cold in! My son had to go out and do frost control for the orchards, so I know that it got pretty cold!

I went out and checked on them this morning...they were grouped together, but not right under the light. I love that I can open the nesting box door to look, so that I don't let to much heat out or cold in! My son had to go out and do frost control for the orchards, so I know that it got pretty cold!

What do you do for frost control on the trees?

This winter just seems to want to hang on, I'll be glad when it's over!

Well the chicks seem to have survived just fine on their first night in the coop! They are enjoying their morning mash! I will bring them a sandbox a little later today! I sat out there with them for a bit this morning! I want them to be used to having me around! :)

What do you do for frost control on the trees?

This winter just seems to want to hang on, I'll be glad when it's over!
They run wind machines and turn on water, depending on what each orchard is setup for and I believe how cold the temps get to!

I'm ready for warm weather and it looks like it's on it's way! It's supposed to be 44 degree's tonight, but there can be a difference of 25 degree's at the orchards compared to our house!

In a couple of weeks, I will probably move my Copper Maran's out into the coop with the other chickens! There is about a 2 week difference in age! I'm going to separate them with wire to help them get used to the other chicks! How long do you think I should wait before placing them together? Even though I've had chickens on & off for many years, I've never introduced new ones to the flock! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom