Our Mixed Flock Journey!

I have my pie crust chilling in the fridge and the pumpkin puree straining in my yogurt strainer!

I have my first dish ready! Cranberry Raspberry Sauce! I've never been a fan of cranberry sauce until my daughter in law entered our lives and introduced us to fresh made! I still feel a little goes a long way, but it's a nice bite with turkey and dressing, not to mention pretty! I used 2.5 cups each of cranberry and raspberry, 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp of almond extract! I cooked it and smashed it until I liked the consistency of it! Now it's chilling in the fridge until tomorrow!

View attachment 2425095
My Mom always made her own similar to your recipe. Home made are the best cranberries!

I tried a new recipe for Thanksgiving this year! It is a French Pumpkin Pie! A couple of things to note on this. It called for an 11" tart ring, I do not have one, so I baked it in my tart pan! I lined the pan with parchment paper, but realized after the fact than I should have greased the edges...oops! It also states that this pie should be eaten on the day it was baked, while still slightly warm, I didn't feel I would have time to do this tomorrow, so we are actually going to cut into it tonight after it cools a bit and we will have it again tomorrow to see which way we like it better! I'll report back if anyone is interested!

French Pumpkin Pie

This looks so good, Rene!

My Mom always made her own similar to your recipe. Home made are the best cranberries!
This is the first time I've made it! I looked up recipes and they all had different ratios, so I decide to make it 1:1 and it turned out really good...I love the almond extract in it!

This looks so good, Rene!
It was good, I think I would leave out the pecans the next time and I had thought about throwing in some dried cranberries, I think that would really brighten it up! It is definitely better to eat it the same day you make it! :)

Your pies are to die for! This thread is making me hungry.
Thank you! :love I have some left overs...you and anyone else that wants to, can pop on over tomorrow and we can have some with a cup of tea! ;)

Back
Top Bottom