Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Glad everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving! Won't be long now until Christmas 🎄
Good morning Debby! It's right around the corner! My son sent me a video yesterday the baby is pulling himself around on the floor...he might be full out crawling by Christmas! I however am not waiting until Christmas to see him...we are heading to their place on Tuesday!
Enjoy your day!

Good morning Debby! It's right around the corner! My son sent me a video yesterday the baby is pulling himself around on the floor...he might be full out crawling by Christmas! I however am not waiting until Christmas to see him...we are heading to their place on Tuesday!
Enjoy your day!

That first year seems to go so quickly...babies go through so many changes so fast.

That first year seems to go so quickly...babies go through so many changes so fast.
They really do, I'm so sad that I didn't get to see his first little scoot, but that's how it works when you're only grandma! I'm so thankful that my son sent the video to me...they were at his in laws and the baby was going after a light on their Christmas tree...he caught it...after a few tries that is...:love

I spent the morning raking up leaves & pine needles in the free range pen today! I don't want it to sit on top of the grass over the winter! As you can imagine I had a lot of help...almost every pile (at least 20 piles) was checked out and scratched about, but thankfully not completely scattered! I'm taking a quick break and then back out to pick it all up!

Part of the leaf pile cleanup crew...they were so much help...not...:gig!
Chicken Pen Leaf & Pineneedle Cleanup Crew 11.29.2020.jpg

Enjoying the grass!
20201129_102700.jpg

Lots of piles!
Chicken Pen Leaf & Pineneedle Cleanup 11.29.2020.jpg

My husband was working on the other side of the fence...the whole flock followed him, hoping for a treat!
20201129_105507.jpg

We accomplished three more jobs today...we completely removed the bedding from the coop and replaced it with clean straw & leaves from our sweet gum & maple trees! We also built a compost space, which is where we dumped the bedding from the coop! This is actually where the compost pile used to be for our garden! We will be building another compost bin on the other side at some point! We also finished the water system. I will create a post about that later, when I have my article completed! :)

A lot of the flock don't know what to make of the new leaves and they seem nervous about coming into the coop! I will go out later to make sure that everyone makes it in...silly chickens...:love
Clean Coop Bedding 11.29.2020.jpg

I decided to go out and see if anyone had come into the coop...so far just Maximus...he is always the first one in! :)
Maximus 11.29.2020.jpg

I wish I would have gotten a picture earlier when everyone was scratching around this! They were certainly enjoying themselves!
Compost Bin 11.29.2020.jpg

I spent the morning raking up leaves & pine needles in the free range pen today! I don't want it to sit on top of the grass over the winter! As you can imagine I had a lot of help...almost every pile (at least 20 piles) was checked out and scratched about, but thankfully not completely scattered! I'm taking a quick break and then back out to pick it all up!

Part of the leaf pile cleanup crew...they were so much help...not...:gig!
View attachment 2429989

Enjoying the grass!
View attachment 2429999

Lots of piles!
View attachment 2429988

My husband was working on the other side of the fence...the whole flock followed him, hoping for a treat!
View attachment 2430002
You really have a beautiful set up.

Back
Top Bottom