Our Mixed Flock Journey!

I received a very sweet surprise this morning! How can so much cuteness be contained in such a small box! I am so relieved that they arrived a day earlier than it was showing. We ordered 16 & received 17, so I have an unknown sweetheart! They all seem very alert, I believe that they have all had a drink & are enjoying a bite to eat! My husband will be making one more screen for the top! I turned off the light to get a better picture & the volume immediately went up...lol! I love love love baby chicks! Let the journey begin!!! 💗
Yay!! Congratulations. I love your brooder setup, very nice. I’m getting my chicks in June, I can’t wait!!

I need to share something that my husband came up with to make one of my parts in our tiling job easier. I'm so glad he did this, because I was exhausted yesterday and without this I'm sure I wouldn't be able to work as long as I have. My job is to back butter the tiles. In the past I've held the tile in one hand and applied the skim coat of mortar to the bottom of each tile using a trowel with the other. The tiles we're putting down are 18"x18" and get quite heavy. So he Jeri rigged a sort of movable table with a Lazy Susan that we bought when we spray painted our laundry cabinets. I can set the tile on top and apply the skim coat. This has helped me so much! He truly has the hardest job, down on his knees setting the tiles. We are looking forward to our upcoming vacation!
View attachment 2609529
Genius! You two really are amazingly handy. I am very impressed.

Back
Top Bottom