Our Mixed Flock Journey!

We have an amazing zoo here.. and the peacocks are roaming free there... so whenever we go that’s the main animal sound you will hear... I just love it!
I believe they roam free at the Seattle zoo too! I love them. We haven't seen him spread his tail feathers yet, he's pretty much hiding out in the back corner of our property, hopefully he will get comfortable & come into our yard so we can truly enjoy him. 💞
We will need to figure out how to give him a warm place during the winter...they're not really cold weather birds. We're kind of thinking we might be able to convert the old chicken pen for him...we might slowly move his food and water into there. I need to see if anybody here at BYC keeps them. 💞

I believe they roam free at the Seattle zoo too! I love them. We haven't seen him spread his tail feathers yet, he's pretty much hiding out in the back corner of our property, hopefully he will get comfortable & come into our yard so we can truly enjoy him. 💞
We will need to figure out how to give him a warm place during the winter...they're not really cold weather birds. We're kind of thinking we might be able to convert the old chicken pen for him...we might slowly move his food and water into there. I need to see if anybody here at BYC keeps them. 💞

Check out the Peafowl forum for sure! Peafowl

I finally had a chance to sit down and do a search for a saddle pattern for my girls. I decided that I should just sew some up, I have a bunch of material from an old bed skirt that should work quite well. I found a pattern on Etsy for $1.99, it includes a tail guard as well as a shoulder guard, my girls definitely need that! I also have the elastic on hand the only thing that I need is some fusible fleece! I will post a picture when I finish sewing them. For anyone who reads this and is looking for a Chicken Saddle Pattern, here is the link where I purchased mine! If any of my friends want any let me know and when I'm making mine I will make more and ship them to you!

Chicken Saddle, Chicken Apron with tail and wing guards!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/166964682/hen-saddle-chicken-apron-tail-guard-and

Back
Top Bottom