Our New Coop: Motel 6, Delivery Day AT LAST YEAH !!!

On page 4 w/ the pictures of you guys eating this is like really weird. You have the same exact wood chairs as our dinning room chairs and I have that same exact budgie cage.
lol.png

Nice coop. I'm not carpenter, but I am a good woodworker, and these guys did a nice job for you.

A little suggestion: I cannot tell if you have a rain gutter on the low end of your coop roof. If you don't have one, then all of the rain/snow is going to go right off of your coop into your run next to your pop door.

Easily fixed with a run of gutter and a downspout at the corner......and I would use some of that4-5" black flex pipe at the bottom of the downspout to get the water downhill as far from the coop as you can.

Just a friendly suggestion. You don't want a muddy run every time you get moisture.

Best...........

Quote:
Actually there IS a rain gutter, spout and one of those cement thingies to take the water away from the structure. These guys even puched holes in the nest box roofing so it drained.

We spent the day applying the next coat of varnish and installing hardware cloth around the lower 3 feet of the entire run. And of course we played in the run with them, fed them little bits of pizza crust (homemade) and then put them in when it started getting dark. They sat on the roost near the front window wanting to come inside the house. So we put a small rechargable flashlight in there for them as a nightlight until they get used to being in there. After the first night I am sure they will be ok. The problem is I am not sure the PARENTS will be ok. LOL

We have a temperature sensor that transmits the temp in the coop to a clock that posts the time and temp on our ceiling. So we'll know how they are doing by eyeing that....

I shot this short video with my cellphone of them on their first night outside... Awwwwww

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd80/mikennansourhouse/?action=view&current=040509_18501.flv

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom