Our New Coop: Motel 6, Delivery Day AT LAST YEAH !!!

thumbsup.gif
Looks good. Almost ready for those buffs to go in the bator!

Man,, I gotta say, " THAT IS ONE SWEET SETUP" I could only dream about something that nice,, Years ago we just used an old junk car for a coop. Pull it up anywhere, crack a few windows, prop a door open and walla. " Times are a changin' " As my old friend Boxcar Bob would say, " I, I,I, could live in there."

Quote:
yea thats what I wanted to ask also how much did it run you if you dont mind

what happen to your old coop ? wanna give it to me ?

I am next door to you in howell

Quote:
yea thats what I wanted to ask also how much did it run you if you dont mind

what happen to your old coop ? wanna give it to me ?

I am next door to you in howell

We'll be keeping the old coop, anyone who has been around a while sees the potential and convenience a 2nd coop gives you - a great way to keep flocks of differing ages separated until they get acquainted - for instance yesterday when the babies were out in the run Alice our bantam cochin hen (8 months) decided to come up to the run and was jealous of their new digs and was squawking at the kids - the young roos started showing off and posturing and Alice got very p o'ed and was trying to reach in through the welded wire to "tell the boys a little secret" with her beak. LOL...

And to put the questions about how much to bed once and for all - we paid A LOT. The basic coop with single walls isn't bad for what it is and the builder can give you the price. We had them add the inside walls, insulation, electricity, the 12x6 run and a lot more that doesn't meet the eye on quick viewing... So with all that and delivery over 2k. We're gonna get them to come back and do a bunch of work on the landlady's property too (put in a chain link fence on one side of the yard, add some electrical stuff here and there and some other general maint.).

I've been so pumped up by this whole thing I haven't slept right for the last 3 nights. I figured I was so exhausted last night I would sleep all night - nope, I laid there thinking about if I could get some varnishing done INSIDE the coop today (we have rain now so that is out). I had to get up a couple times at night and go look to see it really was there, it was. LOL

oh thats not bad for the price and what you got, if you are feeling a little broke just think mine (which is only half done ) has already cost me double lol
he.gif

I would love to hear about all of your finner details since that is the stage I am on now and still looking for ideas
big_smile.png

Well heck the wife and I are so tired I am amazed I am posting tonight. We spent the better part of the day laying down varnish inside and outside. We were just gonna do the inside of the coop and call it a day, then it got real sunny and was windy and the stuff was drying real nice. So we did the whole coop inside and out AND the run... The varnish adds a nice old time pine look to everything...

Tomorrow we'll redo the whole shebang... Gluttons for pain.

P4040566.jpg

P4040568.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom