Our New Coop!!! pic heavy - Updates Post #93

Wowza...that is one super-dooper-cooper! I dig it!
thumbsup.gif

Great job.

Quote:
thanks so much - I was thinking about that at one point.. if I attach the nest boxes to the back of the pens against the middle board that separates the chicken wire with the heavy ground buried wire!! Do you think that would work better?

it's the board that is level with the top of the house....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/32670_try1.jpg

I still think they will want to lay in the house. They like dark hidden spaces to lay.
What you are thinking about could very well work, though. Just make the top steeply sloped so they don't roost on top, to keep them away from the wire and predators.

Is there room in the house for them to lay?

Maybe you could add a nest box on the outside of the house. Assessable from the inside of the house for the hens and outside the house for you. That way you wouldn't loose any roost space, you could easily get the eggs, and the hens would have their dark place to lay.

I'm going to show your set up to DH, so he can ponder ideas for the next coop we build.

Jean

Quote:
hello there - their huddle boxes are easily cleaned - the lid is removable by picking it up.. I have a scraper to help clean them out - I have cleaned the house in the pic 2 or 3 times already.. - that white spot is NOT mold it a showgirl
gig.gif

32670_img_1218.jpg

Quote:
hello jean - here is the nest box we can up with - and Mo Mo laid us an egg today in the nest box - she is such a good girl, now if all the others will start laying... Miss Grandma Bella (she was my first white frizzle cochin bantam and she waddles when she walks that's way I call her grandma) had already laid her egg before we got the nest box complete.

The huddle box are too small for the nest boxes - they are only 24" wide x 36" deep

32670_img_1220.jpg

<---------picking her jaw up off the ground!!!
wee.gif
WOW! My chickens would think they had died and gone to heaven if they moved there. Fantatatic job!
thumbsup.gif

Wow, AWESOME coop, kinda reminds me of a horse barn with the stalls and whatnot, what a great I absolutely LOVE it!
love.gif
very nice job and the chickens look very happy, congrats!
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom