Our new coop/run underway. PICS Up date pics

mgw

Crowing
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Eastern Wa.
We have planned on building a new coop and run, for our layers it is going to be 5x8' or 40 SQ' . I have been gathering used materials since about may . The only materials that I have had to buy so far is the framing lumber and sheeting.
Put in the pier blocks last nite after work.

59034_025.jpg

Next thing was the floor framing I used 4x6" and 4x4" way overkill I know but it was free the ply on the floor was also free plus it is water proof.

59034_008.jpg

59034_010.jpg

Then came the framing' and sheeting the framing lumber is 2x3 studs the sheeting is 1/2" osb

59034_040.jpg

59034_046.jpg

tommorow I will get the roof framed, sheeted, and tar papered also cut out the pop and nest box holes , then wrap with tyvek!

Last edited:
Quote:
yes I am ok at framing and roofing the finishing takes me a little longer
P.S thank you for the advice and help with the puppies this morning it was a big help to us!

Quote:
yes I am ok at framing and roofing the finishing takes me a little longer
P.S thank you for the advice and help with the puppies this morning it was a big help to us!

your welcome and anytime:) that just means you have to update with more pictures...LOL
clap.gif

Didnt get as much done as I had hoped to, but did get the roof framed sheeted and tar paper down ready for roofing. Those sheets of OSB were a struggle to get up there by myself, but glad it is done.

59034_032.jpg

I used Stimson strong ties for the rafters. the ones on the ends I just screwed on one side then after I secured the rafter I bent the other side around with a hammer and screwed it down.

59034_036.jpg

have another hour or so of odds and ends framing then siding and windows can go on. then work will begin on the inside.

Back
Top Bottom