Our new Faverolles....

rynegold

Chirping
11 Years
Apr 30, 2011
Here is a pic and a slide show of our new Favs... do they look like Faverolles to you?? Anyone out there have this breed?? Looking at McMurry's site and some others, our chicks seem to look a little different.... however I've seen the hens and rooster that bred these chicks and they are beautiful birds.

These were bought from a registered/licensed breeder here in Texas we met at Montgomery County's bi-annual fairground sale. We got 14 chicks and have'em on 18% turkey starter right now.

5706629673_d3bcf3df87_z.jpg

A little slide show

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19089828@N00/sets/72157626565835585/show/

I would like to know what them little chicks were thinking when ms Kitty was gazing at them through the fence!!!
lau.gif

They are beautiful chicks!! And nice job on the yard~ Very Pretty!

Why the doubt? Puffy cheeks, 5 toes, yellow with salmon coming in on the wings. All looks like Faverolles to me.

Did you get them straight run? Looks like mostly girls with maybe a couple of roos with the darker wing feathers coming in.

I loved the kitty 'peep' show pictures... it's like he's looking in the lobster tank at a restaurant trying to figure out which one looks the best...

Good luck with your chickies.

Yes they were a straight run and we were beginning to think it does look like two roo's and the rest are the girls. That would be just perfect!!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom