Our New Paso Fino

for Mia, Looking at her lines (you can get the full pedigree at www.pasopedigree.com) and you can see her build, if you chose a stallion, who would you choose? (I will admit to a little dream here and that is to add a buckskin to my herd!) of course though I would definitely want a good largo from the offspring as I mainly trail ride.

I could not find your marespedigree so not knowing her lines, it would be tough to guess on who is gaiting largo in her pedigree and what colors are in her background if you wanted to do some linebreeding. Do you have the direct URL to it?

Your mare probably will throw black or bay foals morethan likely no matter who she is bred to just given her pretty color! But that is just a guess!

Breeding for buckskins can be tricky...and more so in the Paso Fino breed.

For the prettiest colored buckskins they say to breed bloodbays to golden buckskin. It throws the rich golden copper. And look for dun factor if you are wanting the dorsal stripes, leg barrs and such.

There are also champaign colors with black points.

The Paso Fino has an array of colors not common in other breeds...many many shades! Gene pools are unusual in this breed and some can be off the wall on what is typical in color genetics.

It would depend on who is also in your area and budget!

I'm and old traditionalist. the horses in the Paso Showring today are a bit different from what I started with and I no longer show. The standards have changed and depending on what you are tryign to accomplish in your breeding program, that is what you hve to decide what you want to go for!!

Since the breed is gait based, that is what I look for first and not color.

My seal bay Paso Fino stallion will throw blood bay, solid black, or a lighter bay when bred to bays or blacks and liver chestnuts. He has not duplicated his own color which is like your mare! LOL!

Good luck with no matter what you do with her!! She is beautiful!

Premier de Chapiro is great grandson of Plebeyo and Premier de Postin and double gr grndson of Chuncano thru his sire line and dam is a grdaughter of Plebeyo and Plumaje III. Premier is a bay stallion.

Rocking M Zamora is a daughter of Distingado la Estrella son of Ensueno de Colombia and her dam was a lovely Palomino, Sombrilla Z, daughter of Sombre LaCE and Pisaflores Z....deep Puerto Rican lines and very old lines too. Zamora is a bay.

There you have the bloodlines......a good blend with new and old lines.

I am planning on having her DNA tested at UC Davis to see what she is carrying. I dont think we are looking to show anytime soon, so I really want good conformation, good gait (preferably along the largo lines) and last color. Though I dream of buckskin and wonder if she could have something hidden from having a palomino in her background.

Awhile back we did bred our seal bay Paso Fino stallion to a palomino....(I completely forgot we did this awesome little breeding!) But anyway, the palomino was a shetland pony! She was 38 inches tall. Our boy is 14.1. Anyway the resulting breeding was an awesome colored colt that was golden like his mom but with four white socks that were topped in black and the colt had the dun factor.

The mane and tail were both salt and peppered with white and black hairs to close to call him either a palomino or a buckskin and the little booger gaited!

I guess if we had to call his color something it would be a buckskamino! He technically fit neither the palomino color requirements for their registry or the buckskin requirements for theirs, but was awesome and unique and rare!

He turned out to be the size of a haflinger and was a name my price baby for sure!

That breeding was actaully to test our stallion in potency! He passed that one with flying paso fino gait!

Oh, and BTW, there is an awesome market now growing for Paso gaited ponies.

Than black filly I have for sale can actuallly be double registered in the American Gaited Pony Association as well as the Paso Fino Horse Association....

If you are going to breed that mare of yours and are trying for color..and you want to stay full Paso Fino, try to fine a nice palomino then.. who knows, what worked in color for me here might go for you!!LOL!

Best regards!

GORGEOUS! I sold my Fino last June to stay focused on my Peruvians....both are super-breeds & gorgeous. I've never met either with a mean bone in their body! Even after I get them as rescues from abuse/neglect. They are just all around awesome horses.
big_smile.png

Congrats on your paso. and hello to the other paso folks on here. We have 9 ... for pleasure. We trailride, teampen, gymkhana, and, hopefully, going to try our hand at driving this year.

She's absolutely gorgeous! Doesn't it just make you feel so good when fate works out the right way?!?!
smile.png
Congrats on finding her!

Back
Top Bottom