our newest chicken

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Erin K, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Erin K

Erin K Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    [​IMG]

Here is our newest chicken sitting happily on my 5 year old son's lap.

She is getting picked on by my other birds. I keep checking her and she's not actually getting hurt, or feathers pulled, just harassed. I hate it, but I rekon they have to come to some sort of agreement.

She is the tamest chicken I have now. She is a doll. She comes right to us and we can pick her up and don't even have to do that hold the wings down chicken hold, she will just sit on us.

She's a Silver Laced Wyandotte about 4 months old.

2. Erin K

Aug 3, 2011
    Oh she needs a name. I'm thinking maybe "Clara" It needs to be a sweet gentle name.

3. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    Cute chicken. Glad she is a sweetie.

How about Opal for a name?

4. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Oh so cute that is so nice that she is tame, I'm sure the harassment will cool down soon as every one gets used to each other, the tamest birds do seem to get picked on most, Clara is a great name for her I called mine Lacy
    [​IMG]
    she passed away this yr

5. Erin K

Aug 3, 2011
    Quote:I'm sorry to hear your Lacy passed away. If my maybe-Clara gets as pretty as your Lacy I will be overjoyed.

6. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    What a sweetie. I like the name Clara [​IMG]

7. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

I have a silver too, And I named her Venna... I have to golds also named Vanna and Vonna... SO, Venna, Vanna, Vonna. LOL. They are good girls. 3 months now.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by