Our TSC is getting chicks in today....uh-oh

Quote:
No state licensing fees?
duc.gif

Ours is too. I'm determined to get down there and pick up eithe
a) some mystery chick
b)a pair of ducklings
or C) a Gosling (idk if they even sell these.
tongue.png

However my ride there is "tired" and doesn't feel like going today
hmm.png

Quote:
You silly man she obviously means BUY DUCKLING AND TURKEYS instead.
gig.gif

he.gif
Why didn't I think of that! Thank you, I would have been so embarrassed to show up with no turkeys!!!
big_smile.png

LOL I made the trip to our brand spankin' new TSC because they said they'd have chicks today. I was only going to look... I swear! My eggies in the 'bator are dure to hatch tomorrow. I have to wait for them to hatch first so I can sneak some extras in without DH noticing right away.

But... no babies
sad.png
They said they were supposed to get them but the didn't arrive at the PO today. Maybe tomorrow.
idunno.gif

Well, I went to our TSC and no chicks.
hit.gif
They were not even set up for them yet. They said they were setting up today to bring them in tomorrow or the next day. They are getting them from Privett. Now why so far away when Mt. Healthy is much closer. Oh well the feed store closer to me is getting thiers from Mt. Healthy so I guess I will get them there.

Quote:
Our TSC ig getting ready for chicks and has the 6 chick minimum signs up. But I don't think its the law here in Florida. I like the feed store closer to home anyway. They've had turkeys and chicks including bantams. It was nice to be able to pick up just a couple to shove under my broody. The city here allows up to 3 hens, so I think the 6 chick minimum stinks.
Something to do with them being considered livestock and not pets and they don't want you buying your 2 y.o. a pet chicken. I thought this would be helpful excuse . . . I mean helpful information when explaining why you brought home so many chicks!
lau.gif

What I don't understand is what's wrong with a child having a pet chicken?
hu.gif

Nothing wrong with a child having a pet chicken, but I wouldn't trust the care of any pet to a 2 year old.​

I knew it seemed kind of odd when they said that they would be getting a shipment of chicks in on a Monday. I gave them my name and number, hopefully they will call before I go to work tomorrow! Around here, I'm glad that they're doing the 6 minimum (you can mix ducklings and chicks to get that total). It keeps the people away who will throw them away after Easter. I wish that they would have chicks in all summer, but they can't sell as many after Easter. None of our local feed stores order chicks to sell. The closest hatchery is 2 1/2 hours away, with a minimum order of 15 and no shipping.

I've already got the $5 off coupon, as well as the $2 off a bag of finisher/grower feed that is good now, and the $2 off a bag of layer feed that is good I think in June and August. I'm all about some coupons!

Thanks for being the enablers I know you all are!
Emily in NC

Back
Top Bottom