Out of the Brooder Box and Onto the Forum

Awesome your dog's do well with your birds!! Did you train them, or did they just take to it? Our dogs had to be trained and trained, but in the end, they are quite good with the flock!
IMAG2839.jpg

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

You can keep too roosters that were raised together. Many times they become best of buddies. However its best if you have big spaces. The proper roo to hen ratio is 1 roo to 8 to 10 hens. 2 roos is too many. And the top roo probably wouldn't allow the lower roo to mate, maybe. So you would have to get another harem of hens for the other roo if you have the space for two groups. .

OR, you could keep them together away from the girls, many times they become life long friends .

Good luck with all your poultry projects and welcome to our group! :)

Thanks fpr the support! :) Roo#2 was a handsome fellow. I read all I could find on the Forum about keeping 2 successfully but I don't have the flock numbers or the space. Unfortunately after his hormone surge, he began relentlessly attacking Sven - my top roo. I was actually surprised they coexisted as long as they did!
For the health of my girls and my big guy, I had to get rid of #2.
20170927_053825.jpg

Thanks fpr the support! :) Roo#2 was a handsome fellow. I read all I could find on the Forum about keeping 2 successfully but I don't have the flock numbers or the space. Unfortunately after his hormone surge, he began relentlessly attacking Sven - my top roo. I was actually surprised they coexisted as long as they did!
For the health of my girls and my big guy, I had to get rid of #2.
View attachment 1207292

Beautiful! :love Sorry you had to remove him though. You have to do what's best.

Back
Top Bottom