Out of the Brooder Box and Onto the Forum

G’Day from down under Naturegirl55 :frow Welcome!

Beautiful pictures!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.
Thanks! As you are heading into summer, my first chicken winter is fast approaching. We've already had our first snow! BYC has been really helpful in helping me prepare Sven and the Coopers for the cold months ahead! I figured it was time to stop anonymously reading and start contributing

Thanks! As you are heading into summer, my first chicken winter is fast approaching. We've already had our first snow! BYC has been really helpful in helping me prepare Sven and the Coopers for the cold months ahead! I figured it was time to stop anonymously reading and start contributing

Yep, I am definitely feeling the summer! We live tropical so the humidity can be :sick

Personally, I have found the Topic of the Week articles a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group. There are a couple in there along the lines of extreme weather and winter etc you might find interesting.

Welcome to BYC Your hatch rate was not bad . And your birds are pretty . Your off to a good start for sure . Your Sven is a handsome fellow . You'll find good chicken math is as important as chicken science. Them chickens can multiply faster than a two dollar calculator . I only wanted twenty five .:idunnoIf they ever stand still long enough for DW to count them all I'm in trouble :lau

Yep, I am definitely feeling the summer! We live tropical so the humidity can be :sick

Personally, I have found the Topic of the Week articles a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group. There are a couple in there along the lines of extreme weather and winter etc you might find interesting.
Thanks for the tip!

Welcome to BYC Your hatch rate was not bad . And your birds are pretty . Your off to a good start for sure . Your Sven is a handsome fellow . You'll find good chicken math is as important as chicken science. Them chickens can multiply faster than a two dollar calculator . I only wanted twenty five .:idunnoIf they ever stand still long enough for DW to count them all I'm in trouble :lau
My husband is trying to put a cap on how many animals we have but I want goats next. Do you think I can sneak some in my yard and convince my husband they hatched from the chicken eggs? :jumpy:eek:

I got the fertilized eggs from a friend and I know her rooster is a Silkie. She also has buffs, Wyandottes, Barred Rocks, and New Hampshire Reds.
View attachment 1207284 View attachment 1207285 View attachment 1207288 View attachment 1207283 View attachment 1207284 View attachment 1207285 View attachment 1207286 View attachment 1207288

Love your little flock. Your Roo is so beautiful.

I agree with BYC910 I got my first chickens in April I only wanted 6 I decided to hatch some eggs for a friend using their incubator to see what it was like. I now have 24 Chickens 11 Guineas and a Pheasant in 3 different coops and runs. Beware of chicken math.

Back
Top Bottom