Outdoor Temperatures for Silkies please...

The OP asked about 2 month old silkies. They cannot tolerate cold down to 0. Saying they can tolerate down to -30 is absurd. Obviously those who responded did not read the OPs question.

The OP asked about 2 month old silkies. They cannot tolerate cold down to 0. Saying they can tolerate down to -30 is absurd. Obviously those who responded did not read the OPs question.
Whether 2 months or mature, it makes no difference. I still stand by my original statement :)

I'm here near Houston Tx, it is in the 40's today. They feel so tiny I am afraid to let them out it is drizzling rain. I am also concerned they maybe to cold in their coop. They are around 6 and 8 month

We just had a gradual drop in temperature from 50ish down to about 15 and my 5 month old silkie did just fine. I’m no expert but if your birds feathers have come in and you can feel they have a thick coat I would assume they will be fine.

If the weather was this cold when she was four months old or younger I would have brought her inside. I don’t feel like her feathers were very thick at that age. Between 18 and 20 weeks she really started to fill in. I assume every bird is different though!

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom