Outside sitting in ugly chair in the middle of my lawn watching flock graze.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by applecore5, May 25, 2012.

1. applecore5

applecore5 In the Brooder

Apr 7, 2012
    Elizabeth, CO
    Just wondered if anyone else does this. Lol. I'm feeling a tad nuts :) but I've seen hawks so I'm not taking any chances :)

2. GardenGal

GardenGal Songster

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Of course we do! Just moments ago I was sitting in on concrete blocks in our unfinished yard, letting the chickens graze. In fact, I just dug a bug out of my hair! Ooh, the chickens would love it ( ;) )

And welcome to BYC!!

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  3. Welcome to BYC... Or nutsville.

4. applecore5

Apr 7, 2012
    Elizabeth, CO
    Lol!! Good. My neightbors are having a party and I have heard multiple guests ask about the "chick in the chair" lol.

5. GardenGal

GardenGal Songster

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    That's nothing. You've only just begun to be a crazy chicken person! Just wait until you're caught baby talking to them, or visiting your chickens while still in your pajamas. Or when your neighbor says something about the weather and you take that as an opportunity to talk about your chickens for 10 minutes. I'm sure I'm missing some :)

6. applecore5

Apr 7, 2012
    Elizabeth, CO
    its funny cause we got chickens thinking EGGS!! but they are amazingly social and hilarious to watch. i had no idea! now i can't imagine not having chickens in my life!!

7. GardenGal

GardenGal Songster

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    And just think, your poor neighbors are completely surrounded by no chickens. :)

8. applecore5

Apr 7, 2012
    Elizabeth, CO
    and I'm fairly sure that they are okay with that. stupid neighbors!! :) but i am making my mission that they at least stop looking at me like the Mary Poppins "toppins a bag" bird lady. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: