overnight cat got in brooder

I have 3 indoor cats. One, Cara is always after mice that come in under the stove. Tonight I had the chicks in a small bin on the couch so I could socialize with them. She came in and fell asleep on the back of the couch but never gave the chicks a second look. My big male Dapper likes to sit or lay on the brooder lid, but I'm pretty sure it's a heat thing since he has never shown much interest in other living things. Interestingly the one I'm most worried about with the chicks is my declawed cat Princess. She watches their every move whenever I have them out and I can just see she is thinking chicken nuggets!

Hey all, on the cat front...we have a fixed male cat who is now about 7 yrs old. When one of our kids was a couple months old, our cat "spud" came to us making an awful sound like he was trying to tell us something. My husband and I followed him and he showed us that she (the baby) had thrown up in her bed and was laying in it. He heard her get sick and came to get us. He is my hero to this day. Without him keeping a watchful eye on each of our girls like he has, you never know what could have happened. He is our guardian angel as far as watching over him. Funny thing about him...he was a pound kitty and his previous owner gave him up because they were having a baby. Foolish people.
smile.png

I had one special cat once; his name was Gizmo. He walked on a leash, went camping, fishing, slept in the tent, and he was the best. I haven't had a cat since because I have never seen one as cute and beautiful as he was, nor do I believe I can find one with the same personality. After he passed away I've only had dogs. He was a good, good kitty. I really miss him sometimes. He only lived to be seven years old and one day he was just dead. It was awful.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom